Price of steel collapsing. (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire Lee

Reaction score
The price of steel has fallen 40% over last few years,it is now cheaper to buy 1 ton of steel than a ton of cabbages,has this price fall trickled down to the price of new scaffolding tubes I wonder?.

I Doubt It Very Much Lee. The Price Of Kwikstage Is Rising All The Time.

Bit cheeper here tony but had it on good authority thats its about to drop quite significantly very soon

Seems we get stung at every level,gas bills should be loads cheaper and price of petrol too with the price of a barrel of oil 30% cheaper than a few years ago,us plebs are always last to get a discount.

Another great british industry,hammered for cheap imports. Sickening job losses on the horizon. who benefits from cheap import?? Not the country thats for sure.

You can bet that the price of new steel tube and fittings will not be affected, however see what happens to the price you will get on the scrap tube you may try to sell.
I know a couple of companies that sell off the accumulated scrap steel before Christmas to fund the lads end of year celebrations - this year may go down as the worst ever.

I Doubt It Very Much Lee. The Price Of Kwikstage Is Rising All The Time.

There seems to be loads on the market atm, I just bought a load of cuplok at a very reasonable price. I'm personally not a fan of yellow jelly mate we had a bit in the yard but never used it. Sold the lot for a grand to clear space :idea:

There seems to be loads on the market atm, I just bought a load of cuplok at a very reasonable price. I'm personally not a fan of yellow jelly mate we had a bit in the yard but never used it. Sold the lot for a grand to clear space :idea:

You're well rid of it. F@cking horrible gear.

Stop going on about the price, you know where it will lead.
Not only scaffolders read this

Top Bottom