Any jobs in Australia??? (1 Viewer)

Cmore

Reaction score
Looking to get a start out in OZ any info anyone can give me would be appreciated

commercial work is busy in NSW, Vic and Q'land, mostly K Stage work, they generally will take working holiday visas

industrial construction is winding down in WA, Q'land and NT, they dont like WH visas

there is always scaffoldingwork in Australia, ive been here nearly 30 yrs, its a good place but thers a big difference between scaffolding in the UK and here.It will take you a long time to adapt to the way things are done here, but generally UK trained guys do well.

be minfull the cost of living is high, google rents, price of beer and all the other core values in life. good luck

Good post Celtic. However the Inpex job in Darwin is ramping up with one of the scaffold subbies looking for 60 more men. WA has slowed slightly but Cape have won a big contract at the KGP in a JV with UGL.However Cape are advertising in the Manila newspapers for Filipino scaffolders to work in Oz.

it gets my goat - the exploitation of workers from other countries because they pay them pennies etc

I've not seen any foreign workers coming into the scaffold industry and being underpaid.
There's a fairly strict worker oversight part of the government here called Fair Work Australia, all major companies have enterprise agreements ratified fy FWA and all the guys get paid at the rate in their agreement.

It's by no means perfect but there is a lot of protection for all workers down here.

There are a couple of marine assets where FWA does not have jurisdiction in particular some drill ships in Australian waters.

Not sure what HSWT gets to see up his way?

Hi
Cant offer anything in Aus but have you considered NZ?
We can offer a 2 year work to residency visa.
Thanks

Top Bottom