power stations

outward bound

Reaction score
I hear that the power stations are closing down soon - one by one

are they going to be building nuclear power stations to replace these ? just wondering where all the scaffs will go after the closures

rwe plan to go from coal to gas at all theyre remaining stations by 2020.aberthaw are installing lownox at theyre station as we speak and that will keep the station open for another 10 years minimum.so the information youve been given is for the moment wrong.

nobody ever really knows but its obvious power stations are becoming more and more redundant, doubt we will see many of them still
here in next 5/6 years.

They'll be no Power Stations in 5/6 years? Put the pipe down.

Will we be powered by your ******** instead?

How long does it take to build a Nuclear Station? 10 years? 15?

How does the national grid maintain peak demand? Gas powered stations.

Will Drax go offline in the next 20? No.

wont see as many i said, and please dont chastise someone because they have a different opinion please it makes you look silly.

Rumour has it these and old mothballed rigs are gonna be holding centres for influx of parasites expected, winter is coming.

Last edited:
Nuclear power stations are still at the planning stage
Coal fired is ending due to the lack of enthusiasm for clean coal and a general fear from the Tories and new labour on the strength of the old mining community's and their ability to stand firm against what they perceived as injustice against workers rights.
Gas fired will only make us reliant on the quatris and Saudis but who am i to defend British jobs and national security.
Wind won't do it maybe wave powered will but somewhere along the line there will be plants/stations to convert it to the national grid.;)

Rwe Aberthaw went off the original plans from the 60 s so havin problems on there the word is if its not completed by march totally workin there shutting it down

they are having problems as when the boiler went down it twisted slightly so not everything is fitting.completion date is around xmas time.havent heared about shutting down and i have lownox meetings ever morning with RWE.

I hear that the power stations are closing down soon - one by one

are they going to be building nuclear power stations to replace these ? just wondering where all the scaffs will go after the closures

Plenty of work for scaffs at the moment, hang up the boiler suit and find a start on a street firm.

Palmers rumours then as that was the talk when I was on there good job top lads ��

Top Bottom