Scaffolder fall

millwall

Reaction score
Any one got info on Young scaff who fell at queen Mary's hospital sidcup ?Apparently broken back and neck ? True or not ?

Any one got info on Young scaff who fell at queen Mary's hospital sidcup ?Apparently broken back and neck ? True or not ?

Jonathan for elite yes its true mate there's a thread on here about the death at Maidstone studios in the same article he's mentioned

He's look too young to be honest mate

Thanks Bobby! Yes very young eh ! Elite scaffolding it said was the employer, anyone from there got any more on it ? How is Jonathan ? What happened ?

John zimmerman fell & broke his back & neck but is ok.

In a separate incident another guy who was wrongly reported as a scaffolder after falling through a floor at maidstone tv studios ended up in the same hospital but unfortunately was DOD.

There is a fund set up on facebook for Jamie Somerton - another scaffolder who fell from a loading bay while dismantling it & sadly has suffered severe brain damage.

https://www.gofundme.com/andrewsclimb

I've donated it would be nice if other scaffs could help - its not about the ammount you give - but the fact you've bothered to take the time to help a fellow scaff & his familiy

Last edited:
scaffolders shouldnt be falling in this day and age.safety equipment is there to be used plus its an excuse for the insurance to not pay out when not used properly.im not saying thats the case with these poor fellas as we dont know the full story but keep it in the back of your mind and think about the family youre leaving behind with no income if you fall and didnt use your harness or other means of arrest.RIP

correct but unfortunatly there is bosses out there pressuring boys "when will that be done" "can you get that done and nip out to that other job today" it leads to people rushing and feeling like they need to do a bit more just to keep their income.

Maybe so but our job is not & never will be fool proof - instead of debating the right & wrongs of wearing a harness or who's fault it is or could be why not just except it for what it is - a sad story, where one of own has taken a fall & will never be the same again. I've never even met the lad. But hats off to Andrew Norris for bringing it to everyones attention - I'm sure if it had been me or someone I had known I would of appreciate a little help. - everyone on this forum keeps on about how we should stick together & make the industry a better place - so why not start now by just giving the price of a coffee or beer or packet of fags to help this young lad home....come on lads less talk & more action

correct but unfortunatly there is bosses out there pressuring boys "when will that be done" "can you get that done and nip out to that other job today" it leads to people rushing and feeling like they need to do a bit more just to keep their income.

It is the nature of the job for "management" to want the job done as quickly as possible but I am sure it is not the case that they expect you to put yourself in harm’s way to do so. It would be just as easy for “management” to blame the “operative” for chasing the buck. It becomes a pointless argument.
We all have a duty of care to each other and we should take it in our stride, it is now part of our daily routine and has been for some considerable time.
Stay well guys

Suvern you made a great post and yes we should all give and I personally will.
Jigga makes a point that sadly is true to a point,although the pressure is probably more coming from jumped up charge hands and foreman trying to make a name,as opposed to management;)

You Have Never Worked For Ias In Dundee Happy, They Have Scaffolders Running Around Like Dafties, Four And Five Jobs In A Day ( No Bonus Just Your Day Rate) Some Of The Work That Is Being Left Is Shocking Because They Are Not Given Time To Do The Job Properly. (GREED Thats All It Is Pure Greed )

Well done & many thx to Dundee & stella for your contributions - nice to see at least a few guys have a charitable side & dont just talk the talk

John zimmerman fell & broke his back & neck but is ok.

In a separate incident another guy who was wrongly reported as a scaffolder after falling through a floor at maidstone tv studios ended up in the same hospital but unfortunately was DOD.

There is a fund set up on facebook for Jamie Somerton - another scaffolder who fell from a loading bay while dismantling it & sadly has suffered severe brain damage.

https://www.gofundme.com/andrewsclimb

I've donated it would be nice if other scaffs could help - its not about the ammount you give - but the fact you've bothered to take the time to help a fellow scaff & his familiy

Donated Hope he gets back on hes feet soon God Bless

Nice one m8 - well in - theyre so close to their goal now.

Top Bottom