Trailers (1 Viewer)

Pigman

Reaction score
Im buying another trailer next week

What size do you recommend?

Im not sure between 14 and 16 foot

Im thinking its going to be used mostly for small jobs like chimneys and that which tend to be mostly made up of 13s or smaller so 14 foot would be sufficient with the back closed.

But on the other hand if i chose 16ft i can fit everything in the trailer with the back closed and just have the 21s on a rack on top which i reckon would be safer?

But also want the trailer being as short as possible to get into places

What size do you guys use?

I presume a draw bar is a trailer you attach to the back of a 4x4. One of those!

Ffs are you really that inexperianced? I've decided your nothing but on a 100% wind up.....one minute your saying you own a successfull scaffolding company turning over mega money with nearly £400k of stock & 4wagons & grown really big really fast in 7years & gonna bulk invest in 100k of new layer - next you want to put your gear on a fcukin car trailer.in the past You really have asked questions that made me wonder why you wouldnt already know the anwer to.....for your info a draw bar trailer is a hgv trailer towed behind a lorry normally to use the most of your train weight so an 18 tonner could possible become 27-36ton all up.... I dont know of anyone that uses a car trailer as your towing weight is limited to 750kg - 1.5tn mwl- buy a 1/2 back truck like a iveco daily that can take up to 5200kg

Last edited:
Im not on a wind up lol, i just dont know the answer to the questions ive asked.

Ive gone for a 3500kg twin axle ifor williams 16ft with sides and ramps anyway if your still interested. And trailers are useful, i know several companies in my area who use them. And obviously they are also useful to have not just for scaffolding purposes.

In terms of pulling a trailer behind a waggon ive though about it in the past but i presume it requires another test on top of your class 2? Would be useful on one of my current contracts as all of the houses have 2 boarded lifts

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

And what better place to ask questions than on a forum where your anonymous and it doesnt matter if you look stupid lol

What size lorrys are you runningfor the size houses are you doing then?

Personally I would have to rather had a dropside 3.5t - cabstar of the new iveno daily

Why the fu.k are you buying trailers something don't add up with you pigman but what does add up is that you ask stupid questions and without being disrespectful I think your full of bullsh.it your either trying to big yourself up without you trying to seem a tw@t where you have failed or your trying to look a tw@t where you have successfully succeeded now wind your neck in your becoming very boring scc

Pigman I have the perfect solution for you ,

A horse and cart would be perfect for your needs ,
No Diesel ( just a nose bag of oats every day )
No O licesense
Free manure for the garden
You could hire him out for Indian weddings at weekends

Lol you ask questions, your full of ****,

Fantastic logic.

Good look in your lives.

Ive had enough of this forum.

I knew a bloke once phil that used to work out of a horse box - had a rack built up inside it & used to drop the rear ramp & walk the gear in - funny as fcuk really but he never needed his o licence lol

Pigman I have the perfect solution for you ,

A horse and cart would be perfect for your needs ,
No Diesel ( just a nose bag of oats every day )
No O licesense
Free manure for the garden
You could hire him out for Indian weddings at weekends
And you could rent it out to Millwall fans on a weekend to get to the game [emoji106]

I think Pigman is after an Ifor Willaims trailer by the sounds of it.

Lol that could be anyones trucks - I wanna see ur new trailer in front of em lol

Top Bottom