CPL of scaffold tube (1 Viewer)

urban

Reaction score
Apologies if this is in the wrong section but was wondering if anyone could tell me what the centre point load (supported both ends of the tube) of a 3.5m span of aluminium tube is and also if you have the CPL of a steel tube? I did have this information but can't find the book it was in and can't seem to find it online anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any answers you can give me.

Urban, if you type in "center point loading on scaffold tubes" scroll down to grid calculations T1+T2 you may find what your looking for. calcs at bottom of page. hope this helps bud

The allowable bending moment on an aluminium scaffold tube, from TG20:13 table C1, is 1.33kNm. This means the allowable CPL on a 3.50m span would be 1.52 kN. This would however be limited by deflection and since aluminium is less stiff than steel, the maximum CPL limited by span/100 would be 0.41 kN. If you used standard 4mm thick steel scaffold tube the allowable load limited by span/100 would be 1.13 kN and the load limited by the allowable bending moment alone would be 1.28 kN. All of the above assume "as new" tube and a simply supported span; the loads could be increased slightly if you used continuous spans.

Top Bottom