Rope access etc

Pigman

Reaction score
I've been doing some research since the cradle post on my other thread

Anybody here work erecting these cradles?

Also rope access?

Im not over familiar with any other form of access other than scaffolding...

:smile1:

how are you pigman cradles I have never done nor do I intend to if your interested in IRATA levels 1/2/3 theres training centres all over the net multidiscipline rope access trades is the way forward I know men who get 400 quid a shift just for silly jobs on high rise structures .

I worked on cradles offshore for a painting project I would build the horse and help set up the cradle but the other Scaff was THE CRADLE MAN he knew how to set up the wires and the motors etc.
I doubt there are many under 40s who have touched a cradle nowadays much to our own detriment.
AS FOR SCABSEILING DONT FECKING START ME ON THOSE CUUNTS
SHOWER OF HILLWALKING FANNYS OR SKATEBOARDERS WHO DONT GO UP IF THERES A BREEZE,BUT CLAIM TO BE ABLE TO DO EVRY TRADE KNOWN TO MAN:mad:

always wandered the script with rope access boys, do they go up and do the tradesmans job for them??i.e the painter, welder etc that needed the access in the first place??

Not in a million years would I do the irata/access that's what put me off the rigging game

Unfortunately I'm useless at everything and know nothing pigman but surely you would make more £££ scaffolding the tower than sending someone up in a cradle/rope etc might take longer/ more man hours but more coinage earned surely?

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

always wandered the script with rope access boys, do they go up and do the tradesmans job for them??i.e the painter, welder etc that needed the access in the first place??

The ones I've seen do the job regardless

My block for instance a panel came off around the 16th floor and the steel which had been moved on a balcony at the 10th floor where done buy the same person

Not in a million years would I do the irata/access that's what put me off the rigging game

Unfortunately I'm useless at everything and know nothing pigman but surely you would make more £££ scaffolding the tower than sending someone up in a cradle/rope etc might take longer/ more man hours but more coinage earned surely?

Yeh mate, this is just a side question, maybe something to think about in the future with my lads that's all.

Done loads of rope cradles in the 80s when they where still legal ,
They where sound as long as the lads working in them understood the knots ,
And didn't try and be clever by lowering both sides at once .

Pig. You obviously aren't a scaff go join Rob3rt on the brick and render forum.

Hired a Hand winched boat from GB;s Battersea depot to Mastic broken air vents on a Barking tower block, had to get through a flat on the 3rd floor due to the drum running out of wire.

Cradles are so easy to put up you wouldn't believe how easy it is

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Thank you gents. Douglas 10

If it's electric cradles say a 4 meter boat you just me sure 4 meters for your outriggers on the roof bit of tier under outriggers put the cradle weights on then lower your motor cable first ( it's easier) feed thru motor wrap the spare cable up and then your brake cable and obviously the rubber power cable first . I hope you get my jist once you have done one you will see how easy it is .

Top Bottom