Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Big chimney stack

Thanks
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 570 Posts

how long does the client want the scaffolding for if you don't know perhaps you ought to consider how much hire.
    lets face it I don't know how many men you intend to hit the job with you may consider weather height materials labour fuel hire.
    get the sums right here fella and go for it .

Thanks

I'm not out of my depth and wouldn't take on anything I wasn't 100% comfortable with. Especially on a job like this. Hence why when he originally enquired about it whilst we scaffolded the surrounding buildings I said no. A couple years have passed since then and we are in a fantastic position now and I feel it's time to step up.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

In terms of hire, we don't know yet, it's still in the very early stages.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,056 Times in 1,576 Posts

Glad your doing well mate

Btw did you go with layher in the end 🐷man???
    jiggaman is a spastic!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,485 Times in 874 Posts

Is it octagonal like the one in the picture and will it therefore be a splay round it? **** load of lapped boards then?

Thanks

Done right and kept tidy it would be a cracking job. Would look the dogs nads with shrinkwrap on it to :-) give me a shout if you consider it ;-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbysupascaff View Post
    Glad your doing well mate

Btw did you go with layher in the end 🐷man???
    I'm hiring a house worth in September to run along side one of my housing contracts, get trained and experienced in it then invest more after that.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stonedrose1 View Post
    Is it octagonal like the one in the picture and will it therefore be a splay round it? **** load of lapped boards then?
    Yeh its octagonal lol

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by seanlol View Post
    Done right and kept tidy it would be a cracking job. Would look the dogs nads with shrinkwrap on it to :-) give me a shout if you consider it ;-)
    Yeh it would literally be wrote in the history books of our town it's that famous a chimney, it's just so well known. I'm thinking debris netting for the added colour

Thanks
    Thanked 2,056 Times in 1,576 Posts

Good on you �� trust me you won't look back with layher
    jiggaman is a spastic!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,775 Times in 2,328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1080/...a6c_z.jpg?zz=1

This is basically the same as the actual stack I've been asked to do.

It's by far the biggest job I've ever been asked to do. Basically I know the guy who owns it and it's mine to do if I want it. It's 38m high, boarded top to bottom for pointing. It's actually the highest point in my home town and would basically stick it to all the local firms lol

I've got the gear and the lads who are capable of the job. I've sent off some pictures and drawings to a designer to get the scaff design today.

I've never worked on such a high job or priced one for that matter. I don't really know where to start to include all the handballing etc to get the gear to the top (and back down).

Any advice welcomed!!
    Sub it out piggy it's outside your capabilities.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SWIFTY For This Useful Post:

joebag (8th August 2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pigman View Post
    http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1080/...a6c_z.jpg?zz=1

This is basically the same as the actual stack I've been asked to do.

It's by far the biggest job I've ever been asked to do. Basically I know the guy who owns it and it's mine to do if I want it. It's 38m high, boarded top to bottom for pointing. It's actually the highest point in my home town and would basically stick it to all the local firms lol

I've got the gear and the lads who are capable of the job. I've sent off some pictures and drawings to a designer to get the scaff design today.

I've never worked on such a high job or priced one for that matter. I don't really know where to start to include all the handballing etc to get the gear to the top (and back down).

Any advice welcomed!!
    Have you got an official purchase Order off "the guy you Know" to cover at least the cost of the design? If not you could have lost out before you start!
    He could get your price and say fook me and then get another which could well be a cheaper one.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to spannerman For This Useful Post:

SWIFTY (7th August 2015)

southernpoofter Guest

Tbh he's prob already had a quote if not ask him to get one from a bigger company- that will set your priceing structure . Defo get a hoist as the cost will outwey lost hrs getting gear up looks like 1k per lift for the first 5- then £1.5 for the rest plus hoist cost.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to southernpoofter For This Useful Post:

joebag (7th August 2015), philliosmaximus (7th August 2015), StoneScaffoldingLtd (7th August 2015), SWIFTY (7th August 2015)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast