Nailspan

Anto

Reaction score
Alright nailspan users,

Do ye experience, that the box on the leeches nailspan spreads easily after use?
Are they using an inferior metal, so as to increase sales? Has anyone out there, got an older type nailspan they would sell me...? Or direct me where I may get one....?

I've got a box of nailspans at work.....and I'm eating thru them....all spreading and slipping ....

Ps. No offers of IW welcome.

Ta

funny you should say that purchased a big ben box and these are not cheap its not even 2 months old bi hex shaped box now it look like a worn out socket scc

They're not makin 'em like they used too.....but still charging ya full whack.....me thinks I'll have to go into my garage and dig deep for the oul box head....and fix it to my nailspan handle....

I have had the same problem with the one I got from leaches. titanium bi hex Big Ben not cheap and it didn't last long.

stevo I don't know about you for the first wk I thought here we go jobs a gooden one week later I was nearly knocking the owd gravestones out NOT HAPPY LEECHES if I carry on with your box I will have nashes like a cavemans necklace not happy

Yeah scc I know what your on about. I thought it was a bad batch of fittings but didn't really matter what fitting it was after a couple of week and all leaches said was it could be just wear and tear but we can sell you one with some discount! An

Seems to be the makings of a pattern here...did leeches always make nailspan? Prob the way of the world now....the world of commerce...whereas nothing is made to last forever....same goes for some of the fittings out there...gates tightening around the bolts...

@ Anto…aye, your bang on the money, Quality just aint there any more and every one init for a quick buck at the expense of the very People they profess to serve ( use )…

The Quality of Scaffold component parts are little short of shocking, now I see that they started on our Spanners…

Looking back into the mists of time I cannot recall my keys ever having streached box syndrome :eek:…either they were good quality or I was just a lazy booker PMSL…( just thought Id get that one in )

looking back pal when we had british steel british components were made to last now the chinks have it were dealing with monkey metal .
will this create a solicitors letter to the forum for saying chinks.scc

Nails pan was the name of the original manufacturer I think they were in South Yorkshire and had the phone number on the box
Priory make a cracking wee spanner
I remember the good old buttons spanner I still have one and a half inch version
I can hear the oh is tune playing in my head now;)

Nails pan was the name of the original manufacturer I think they were in South Yorkshire and had the phone number on the box
Priory make a cracking wee spanner
I remember the good old buttons spanner I still have one and a half inch version
I can hear the oh is tune playing in my head now;)

good info. Ta

that was meant to be a Burtons Spanner
and the tune was the HOVIS (when i were a lad ) Tune,really need to stop posting when drunk;)

Don't stop drinking happy this could have serious consequences our bodies need oxygen and fluids the mixture and cocktail of your fluid is your business and nobody else's back to the spanners.
Burton was the spanner of choice when I were a lad {q the hovis music} until I went to London in the 80s working for Westminster scaffolding and was introduced to the legendary big ben with the long handle this was thee daddy.I was working on high marnham in the 90s when one of its employers brought is own version of a spanner out ie the nailspan they was ok every scaff had one nowadays everything isn't built for longevity .scc

Don't stop drinking happy this could have serious consequences our bodies need oxygen and fluids the mixture and cocktail of your fluid is your business and nobody else's back to the spanners.
Burton was the spanner of choice when I were a lad {q the hovis music} until I went to London in the 80s working for Westminster scaffolding and was introduced to the legendary big ben with the long handle this was thee daddy.I was working on high marnham in the 90s when one of its employers brought is own version of a spanner out ie the nailspan they was ok every scaff had one nowadays everything isn't built for longevity .scc

[to the tune of riverdance] do ya have a spare one of the oul ones lying about....I'll frame it, after I've finished with it......and send it back too ya.....
:cheesy:

I use the leachs long life box ,
And it last me over a year .
The standard leachs boxes are real sh ite I have had 2 burst on me over the years.

Burtons where the best you could get in them days SCC ,
I still have my old original Big Ben although from the 80s they was the best spanner for price work ,nice and light and felt comfortable to us ,
No good for site work with them dirty bricklayers muck all over the fittings.
Who remembers the Melco scanners would last about a week on price work

Anto Steelcity and Phillio i really am a sad cant i went up the loft and after a wee bit of rumageing about i came across said Nailspan with the phone number and patent on the box.I will try and take a photo of the box with the number but it is a bit faint.my first ever belt is up there I DONT THINK IT FITS ANY MORE:eek:

Cheers happy....appreciate that.... I too have found a couple of hex boxes....i will take 'em to work with me and swap them onto nailspan handles...I use the handles and box as a measure for setting out handrails, as I don't carry a bead...

Found my nail span to be slipping after a week!

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom