maximum lenght of an unsupported tube (1 Viewer)

marra watson

Reaction score
as above what is the maximum lenght of an unsupported tube i have now heard anything from 450mm to 3 n half ft lol it is to settle an argument i recon its 500 (2 in sideboards and 50mm for your standard = 500mm) any 1 got the actual answer and evidance lol

i thourght it was any more than 2 inside boards i dont just need the answer i need documentation lol ahahah ther ebig bucks riding on this lol tomorrows breakfast lol

Im of the understanding no more than two boards and that will have swl of 0.75kn per sq m.

well your tube for a ginny is allowed out 750mm unsupported innit so must be more than that anyway but as for the official line?i havent got a clue haha

Lyndons used to be 3 inside boards unsupported with 5 transom's, but they've got some special sort of tube I think?

Lyndons used to be 3 inside boards unsupported with 5 transom's, but they've got some special sort of tube I think?

I'd assume your talking about the extendable ones where you undo the bolt and it comes out between 1-3 boards the bit that comes out is thinner but solid not hollow like tube

The fact they only goes 3 boards and not 4 should be enough proof marra as 3 boards can go unsupported ;)

Im sure it 600mm. Could be wrong tho. Also depends where your working.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Or is it 300. As 3 boards now need to be supported

Weird fact, if we use the Padi extendable transom, we can go 3 boards,
but if it's a tube we are only allowed to go 2 boards with it being spurred up.

So marra right then MM? 2 boards for normal tube?

He does know his stuff marra 2 boards it is then mate enjoy your munch ;)

I've done them for years unsupported............... Lol

Im of the understanding no more than two boards and that will have swl of 0.75kn per sq m.

thats how i see it

i assume you are liek bobby said using the extendas ????

Im sure it 600mm. Could be wrong tho. Also depends where your working.

am sure the 600mm you may be thinking of is a work platfor must extend past work face by 600mm (this it fo account for left hander on the right side of a dashing job and right handers on the left side if that makes sence

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Or is it 300. As 3 boards now need to be supported

300mm would only allow for 1 inside board

So marra right then MM? 2 boards for normal tube?

He does know his stuff marra 2 boards it is then mate enjoy your munch ;)

I've done them for years unsupported............... Lol

i need some evidance as this mon is pulling **** out fomr his course fomr about 1998 lol sure it said in you have to get marteials to size via horse and cart or steam train lol

According to tg20 bobby max unsupported transom is 2 brds so 450mm @ .75kn mwl
rope & wheel unsupported ledger used to be 750 for mlw of 50 kg
ledgers should extend more than 300 past the end of a building unsupported

Ffs ian you get the site shutdown putting that on here lol you know how the nasc can get when people dont pay for their booklets

Ffs ian you get the site shutdown putting that on here lol you know how the nasc can get when people dont pay for their booklets

Well SP they will be sh1ting their pampers if they knew I got mine FOC. TG20 and SG4.
Power to the people........

Top Bottom