working on someone elses site??? (1 Viewer)

S

southernpoofter

So heres the scenario - a client who was nothing but hassle & forever not paying for xtras asked me to do another job to which I graciouly said thanks but no thx too ....I didnt want any more work from them but I did still have gear standing & monies oweing, now this jobs been up for a long time on free hire to them & I was looking forward to getting my gear back....well planning & the local council has spotted loads of issues with the building & although not listed its within a conservation area. & so now the client wants it all back up circa 10k worth of work.but they still owe me more than that! So I simply said untill the account was brought up to date I would be unable to do anymore & due to our workload at least not for another 3-4 wks.
imagine my surprise when I drove by earlier to find another company not only erecting but ffs have taken up 3 lifts on top of my exhisting structure....now I know what ive done but wanna run it by the forum for a response lol

That sounds like a feckin nightmare.

What kind of firm puts 3 lifts on someone else's job?? Surely it's obvious that something is wrong if some tw4t of a contractor ask's you to put 3 lifts on someone else's job! Too many fecking snakes about!

Name and shame the cun7s!

Not sure what i'd do to be honest. Like to think i'd stay calm and collected, but would probably end up loosing my rag and taking a full crew down and dropping the lot to get my gear back. How much they owe you?

interested to know what you have done though. :laugh:

What did you do then daz?

Derry is spot on take the handrails and ledgers off your scaffold mate what a plss take that is surprised the firm went on top of yours bang out of order mate

Dnt blame the scaffolders to quickly. I remember once asked to finish a job cus the contractor ran out of stuff but I knew the other scaff on the job didn't get paid and it was his stuff. He warned me b4 hand. The contractor is to blame mayb the other scaff didn't know

get the police in mate,its theft pure & simple!!!!

So heres the scenario - a client who was nothing but hassle & forever not paying for xtras asked me to do another job to which I graciouly said thanks but no thx too ....I didnt want any more work from them but I did still have gear standing & monies oweing, now this jobs been up for a long time on free hire to them & I was looking forward to getting my gear back....well planning & the local council has spotted loads of issues with the building & although not listed its within a conservation area. & so now the client wants it all back up circa 10k worth of work.but they still owe me more than that! So I simply said untill the account was brought up to date I would be unable to do anymore & due to our workload at least not for another 3-4 wks.
imagine my surprise when I drove by earlier to find another company not only erecting but ffs have taken up 3 lifts on top of my exhisting structure....now I know what ive done but wanna run it by the forum for a response lol

I would inform the council and your client that the job as it stands is not covered by any insurance. I would also ask the principle contractor if what your client has done is in his CDM planning. Tell them money paid up before 11am tomorrow or HSE on site for 11:05 am.

Spot on ian - also a 48hrs to pay a further 2k in advance hire or a crew of 8 will be in there & retreave my stock reguardless of anything coming off of it.

Do you know the other firm SP ?

Maybe a call to them to see if they know the situation and that there is a good chance they won't get paid either ,
And both of you land down there with you lads and lorrys and say money or it all comes down .
I would really hope that they have lied to the other firm as it really crosses the line to do what they have done if not

As previously posted this must invalidate any insurance. Pull the tag on your job and thats the whole structure out of use.

Mate your customer has blagged the other firm all day long saying your happy for them to put scaffolding on top of yours cause I no a normal scaffolding firm don't **** on our own people but if they do know the case that's bang out order !

Any mob worth their salt would contact you before they touched that job.

If they knew who's gear it was before hand and went ahead and erected theirs on top without finding out what the crack was are a animals!

Take a squad, strip the lot leave their gear there, bill them for the dismantle & get the client to cough up with money due then walk away.......or go caveman on them all[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other company arnt to blame tbh they been spun as well but obviously reluctant to strike thier gear b4 they get paid - but it just so happens on the day that I havs threatened to turn up their phones will be out of signal for 3-4 hrs to give us the chance of the strike & clear lol...that way they'll av to be paid again to reerect I get my gear back & I'll just let a high court writ do the rest for breach of contract & nonpayment to the main contractor...dont wanna name & shame for obvious reason but will keep u posted

If I wasn't owed alot of money I'd just strike the whole lot

You say the scaffs aren't to blame? Like somebody else said,if they didn't get in contact with you then **** em the *****

Take your gear, their gear and lamp one on whoever from the main contractor gave them the go ahead

Ffs & ure a boss.....u aint gonna last long with a that attitude

there was a hint of joking with that reply :) just to clarify

but somebody does need a good telling off

Quick update...surprise to come home to a big fat bacs payment - may have lost a client but tbh after the **** we've had with them dont think I'd want more

Top Bottom