working on someone elses site??? (1 Viewer)

Southern,
these are always difficult decisions to make, when to upset or even loose a client but a long term relationship with a client needs to be founded on a mutual respect basis not a master servant basis.

There has always been an unwritten rule that scaffolders never touch another's work without the courtesy call, 9 time out of 10 there is a dispute involved and its normally payment related.

The big issue there may be the insurance issue and who is to be held accountable should the worst happen.

Well done on getting paid, it's all about getting paid!

Southern,
You've had your money, but have you had your gear back and surely the insurance issue still stands ?

The additional money was to cover the additional hire of the materials on paper at my end it looks like ive sold the gear yo them (although ive not ) so any insurance issues are down to them now- the other scaff contractor only gonna strike his & not man mine & ring me when he's done so I can rock up & get my gear back

Well done SP ,
These things are never easy and add a lot of stress to our already stressful life.

32 years in the game and 15 years a company owner and to be honest there's not a lot that I see or hear that surprises me any more,but a situation like this one is a proper kicking...could you imagine back in the day if some firm had done that to a lyndon job when paddy was running it!!. All these new rules and regs that the knobs keep dreaming up do nothing to stop anything like this happening and to be honest theirs not a lot any of us can do to stop anyone doing whatever they want to our jobs,as and when they please...our so called customers remove stuff,cut boards,run over our kit,bury our fittings and pretty much do as they please
,and if you dare to say anything...bye bye...me and my mate are just in the process of selling up and getting out of it; and it saddens me to say I can't wait.

Good luck boys I think you're gonna need it...

32 years in the game and 15 years a company owner and to be honest there's not a lot that I see or hear that surprises me any more,but a situation like this one is a proper kicking...could you imagine back in the day if some firm had done that to a lyndon job when paddy was running it!!. All these new rules and regs that the knobs keep dreaming up do nothing to stop anything like this happening and to be honest theirs not a lot any of us can do to stop anyone doing whatever they want to our jobs,as and when they please...our so called customers remove stuff,cut boards,run over our kit,bury our fittings and pretty much do as they please
,and if you dare to say anything...bye bye...me and my mate are just in the process of selling up and getting out of it; and it saddens me to say I can't wait.

Good luck boys I think you're gonna need it...

I think our SP is as dangerous as Paddy but he's a bit wiser.

Wait for the knock off Chicken George.

Last edited:
Strangely enough I met the owner of the other scaffold company today bumped into him at the suppliers defo wasnt as brave as he'd been on the phone all mumberlin & fumberlin & the mug reguardless seems to think they'd done nothing wrong & was gonna do more work for em as well lol- from the way he was talkin I thought he was just one of their scaffs & I may have had a little bit if a stern look on my face ;) it wasnt till he left I was told he was the boss..think his name was wayne cur :D

Pulling Tag does not mean the structure is out of use as Legally a Tag is not required

Top Bottom