Switching from tube to layher

The advanced gold card system course consist of hammer swing technics , believe it or not you can over or under hit system ,
Also they teach the correct method to insert the lugs and pins onto the standards to avoid over stressing the ledgers and transoms.
Also and very good IMO they teach you how to cut the components correctly should you have odd length bays or standards so they can be reused as standard stock

Hitting tubes with a hammer technic.....This Sounds like the plink plunk test on wooden boards I have heard stories about...a Canadian safety officer demonstrated this in Abu Dhabi saying if you hit a board and it makes a plink sound then its a grade A board and if it makes a plunk sound its a not a good board.
He went on show people the difference and then bounced up and down on a supported board he rated as a grade A to show it could support his weight.........
IT BROKE !!

How to cut tube should be taught to yard staff with a bench saw... as cutting by hand on site, will not end up good i am sure.....wonky cuts with anything if done by hand........
Mind you if people are willing to pay I guess you could be right....someone will sell it em:D

sorry mate but people say theyv seen ghosts it doesnt mean they are "obviousley" true haha so there is a part 1 and part 2 system on the cisrs site???i must look at that...

Settled!!!!!!!!!!!

Right spoke to a Topman at simian called Dave Abraham he personally wrote the course for the advanced layher cisrs their is only 9 in the UK with the qualification as acorn put 9 of there lads through the course!!!!! I've met 2 of them

just like ghosts/aliens/women that dont moan- il believe it when i see it.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

also bobby that link you sent me only tells of the part1/2 t&f with the names of systems written beside it,presumably doing a little bit of kwikstage for a couple of hours like i done at inchinnan on my part 1 but it doesnt go on my card. as i said these part1/2 system courses dont exist merely a 2 day thing at best.

Just going to wade in here. I've met guys from Acorn at the Commonwealth Games and as Bobby says they were the first in the country to do the 'Advanced' Layher course, they even had a picture with them on the course.:laugh: What I don't know is if it's CISRS affiliated. With regards to the system Part one and two, you can gain these qualifications in only system but that's what it'll say on your card.

Page 11 jigga it shows a diagram for different routes on the left is t&f and the right system

The book came out feb 2013 but it clearly states part 1 and 2 in SYSTEM mate plus go a bit further down it shows both the part 2 cards both say scaffolder but now in 2015 it says system scaffolder on the card

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Just going to wade in here. I've met guys from Acorn at the Commonwealth Games and as Bobby says they were the first in the country to do the 'Advanced' Layher course, they even had a picture with them on the course.:laugh: What I don't know is if it's CISRS affiliated. With regards to the system Part one and two, you can gain these qualifications in only system but that's what it'll say on your card.

Exactly!!!!

Thank you Peter so that's you and Derry that have also seen it can any one else confirm its not a conspiracy against jiggaman :laugh:

fair enough bobby but surely as stonedrose says it cannot be cisrs affiliated,or something along those lines as up here in scotland its 80% system work so why wouldnt everyone ve put through that instead of t&f??also why has hardly anyone even heard of these courses then?you had to scour the website and such like just to get some sort of proof,not a dig mate just sayin surely they are not commendable.

Bobby, I Have Said Before And I Will Say It Again Amigo,The Qualification Doesnt Exist Not Calling Anyone A ******** Artist But I Have Been Working With System Scaffold For Thirty Years And Honestly Mate I Have Never Heard Of The Course Or Heard Of Anyone Going On The Course, Just Like I Said About Three Years Ago When Some One Else Said That System Scaffolders Can Be Advanced In A Shorter Timescale Than Tube Scaffolders (Ballocks) If You Are An Advanced Scaffolder Its Tube Only On The Same Timescale.

Not disputing the timescale ger but I can guarantee it exists fella it was the advanced layher course 9 acorn boys did it at simian spoke to a bloke there that confirmed it

Now I appreciate your not directly calling anyone a **** but I've only said what I've seen and confirmed it don't really appreciate ppl jumping down my throat I'm not one for talking bollox as I'd like to think you and others know so I've got nothing to gain from saying it apart from a dispute lol

Here: Raising The Bar
That's the lads I was dealing with and it says there it is a CISRS card. Now depending on the course duration and if it follows the same structure as the CISRS t&f route or, as I suspect, not then surely that undermines the advanced card? A certain AOM told me at Inchinnan that the level 3 NVQ that the advanced card now incorporates means that a t&f advanced card holder is now considered a 'tradesman'. A scaffolder, traditionally was classed as 'semi skilled' (wrongly in many cases).

Edited to add: I read the article through again there and noticed some important 'if's' towards the end.

Last edited:
Bobby I Wasnt Jumping Down Your Or Anyone Elses Throat My Friend, I Was Just Saying That Until I Actually See The Cisrs Gold Card With Advanced System Scaffolder On It Then I Dont Believe It Mate, I Would Never Jump Down Your Throat Bobby.

Think it was the bloke on the far right that was on PhD that had it

Good find pete top man so I am a ****!!!!!! For not finding that pic lol

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Cheers ger thought it was odd lol nay botha ol mukka ;)

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Fix sake pete yes " it's the hope that cisrs adopt it to their panel" more mud lol

The geezer had it to get on site if it wasn't a cisrs card what could it be?

It Could Have Been A Product Card Bobby, Only Specific To Lahyer And Not Recognised By Cisrs,Im Saying This But You Could Be Perfectly Correct Mate, Maybe Cisrs Have Developed An Advanced Course For System, I Will Make Enquires And Find Out.

The fella I seen with it actually done his advanced with tube but his workplace evidence showed some kwikform shoring and his card came back with advanced kwikstager. He done all his courses with tube

Top Bottom