Including hire (1 Viewer)

Shanly homes have always been difficult contractually as are most of the housebashers. The clause 'ALL RISK' has been tried on for decades if you cannot negotiate it out before entering into contract then yo can kiss goodbye to any extras from adapting etc. Another old chestnut is 'Lump sum, fixed price' this combination of terms should be avoided as it means the contractor don't know what he will need so he is trying to limit his cost liability. Any additional works that happen will not be paid and their surveyor will tell you you should have allowed for this in your price.

You and I have been dancing around these terms for as long as I have known you Doug.
"All Risk", "Lump Sum" to be avoided at all costs.
Popular ones we are avoiding all the time in the ME are "Back to Back" and "Pay when Paid"

When lump sum is demanded I qualify it as a lump sum for the works quoted and not for works not identified.

The game is as tough as it ever was, you just need to be aware that someone out there is looking to steal your sweetie money!!
regards
Alan

Well noted Alan. It is interesting to see that although the 'Construction Act' and then the 'Local Democracy, Economic Development and Construction act' tried to outlaw 'Pay when Paid' the contractors still try to find a way around it and carry on shafting their subbies.

Top Bottom