working away without Diggs

Happy, John and Fred I wouldn't put boys down for trying to make ends meet.
There ain't no loyalty amongst scaffs no more it's only loyalty with close mates.
Those days went when Tebbit borrowed a bike. It's hard for the younguns and even harder for the oldies.
Feathers and bows come to mind.

It's a different scaff out there these days, it's not a better scaff with his sssts, std etc just a different type of scaff.
The old days were better in my opinion, and more productive.

Russ it is not about loyalty, putting people down or whether scaffolders were different way back when. It is all about personal choices and decisions.

For example I accepted a position here which was far below the level I have been working at for several years. The annual salary is massively lower than my previous salary. The working hours are longer.
I accepted the lower salary, position and the longer hours purely because I was able to bring my family with me. My choice and my decision.

And thats something you cant put a price on fred....." family ". Missing all those first things your child does while your away is crap........no amount of money will every replace that. I missed my fair share of first's.

And thats something you cant put a price on fred....." family ". Missing all those first things your child does while your away is crap........no amount of money will every replace that. I missed my fair share of first's.

I'm back to work tues for another 6 week.....can't bring my family with me....it's a choice I make to keep roof over us... It's a job nonetheless . Fortunately my diggs are included, I've never travelled anywhere where subsistence wasn't provided. It defeats what your goin away for....unless your the nomad type scaffold warrior looking to find your shining path......the best of luck to ya then....��

I'm back to work tues for another 6 week.....can't bring my family with me....it's a choice I make to keep roof over us... It's a job nonetheless . Fortunately my diggs are included, I've never travelled anywhere where subsistence wasn't provided. It defeats what your goin away for....unless your the nomad type scaffold warrior looking to find your shining path......the best of luck to ya then....��

You summed it up nicely there pal.

bobby i got a call from an agency asking if i would be available for a start in barrow in furness they got my number from some job site.My cv states my address after the usual bollockks about the job and possibilitie of "long term work" i asked is there subsistance (diggs) long silence thenm EH NO.
WHY DID YOU CALL ME THEN BROTHER AS YOPU ARE OBVIOUSLY LOOKING FOR LOCAL LABOUR,I HAVE A FAMILY WITH MOUTHS TO FEED AND A MORTGAGE TO PAY I CANT KEEP TWO HOUSES
AS ALREADY STATED I DONT EXPECT DIGGS IN LONDON AS ITS VERY RARE,BUT ON INDUSTRIAL SITES WHEN THE LOCAL LABOUR HAS EXPIRED THEN THERE IS DIGG MONEY BUT SOME CANT IS STEALING IT AND DESPERATE MEN ARE LIVING ON POT NOODLES SO THEY CAN SEND A WEE BIT HAME TO SWEET PEA;)

suprising that marra both bae and the gas plant in barrow pay digs. this sounds like the agency trying there luck putting you in as local labour. i think it is down to the agency as when working in plymouth our agency paid the digs and one way didnt one way paid an extra 50p or sumet daft but still wouldnt of covered the digs. a lad am working for said one way have called him a few times late afternoon and said can you be in belfast for 8 lol crazy they are

Top Bottom