What to claim for on umbrella?

Marra its nothing to do with the tories or zero hour contracts maye - it was the change in legislation to self employed status that gordon brown brought in, in an attempt to make everyone paye & so increase both the tax & NI contributions and put more money into his dwindling coffers.so we had to hand in our 714s & 20%status-
This in turn gave rise to both agencies &,inturn umberella companies in an attempt to keep overheads & costs down & in a lot of cases keep trading, unfortunately this in my opinion has been the wrong way to go & limited a lot of smaller companies from growth & required larger companies to bring in zero hour contracts - not including offshore & indusrial work that often offered paye - site/streetwork in its very nature in supporting the building industry in general is & has allways been transient in its very nature & its just unfortunate that this has born the parasites & leeches out there that thrive through our blood & sweat

if the tories got rid of these zero hour which they wont. they dont relised how much its actually costing . lad up at methill were clearing 1900 - 2200 a week after thax threw these umbrella and agencies they do need stopped regardless of who ever started the ball rolling. i just like to get a dig in at the blue when ever i can but lookign at it now fomr were labour came fomr there now only half breed tories now any how lol

Marra ,

Transience means passing with time or is the state of being brief and short-lived.

i know what it means just crnt spell the feker ahahahahah

Just adding a little warning here.

No you don't need to have receipts/ evidence at time of submitting your tax return BUT HMRC can and do randomly select returns to go through more thoroughly and you better have the evidence to back up your "£400" expenses!

It's not good enough to just pick a postcode at random and say you worked there. HMRC can ask for other ways to back that up, and if you can't, you wil have to pay it all back.

There are a few set amounts that can be claimed, for tools and workwear, but you're talking about flat rates of a couple of hundred quid for the year, and even then, if you're PAYE they can make that difficult.

It really isn't worth the risk.

Top Bottom