Band and plate scaffold. (1 Viewer)

I was down in Weymouth a couple of weeks ago & was quite surprised to see a scaffold erected with bones & B&Ps didnt think they were still used for fixing -we use them but only for ties

Not my cup of tea SP but some of the really old scaffs swear by them.

Fella how old is really old ?

Concerned Ex Enthusiast with really old rusty Podger.

Last edited:
Ask them to get you the chairs and see what they come back with,,,,

I love em in the nude!!

Best fitting ever!!

I had a socket made up for them in the 70's used if for torque testing. Should have put it into production, if only I had known about impact drivers in the 70's F**k lack of forethought!! :(

SGB took on a load of lads on the youth training in the early 80s on a massive job at By London Bridge ,

You was terrified to walk any where around the site because all you could hear where plates dropping where the young lads used to fumble with them ,

I spent the first 5 years of my career using nothing but B+P with DH and SGB swivels and always thought they where easy and fast to use once you got used to using them.

Using band and plate is liking shagging a bird for the first time........you fumble around for ages but with a bit of time you get the hang of it......

right time for a bit more practise....

Using band and plate is liking shagging a bird for the first time........you fumble around for ages but with a bit of time you get the hang of it......

right time for a bit more practise....

And its nice when you can get your thumby tight in the back :embarrest:

Personally phil cant stand em lol remember trying to chuck em up to the fixers & if u missed they kinda sprung anywhere they contacted, couldnt really get more than 4/5 in a bucket...but tbh they av got their uses, g8 for splicing or roof saddles etc my scaff desighner seems to luv em for wall ties lol

Whilst on my part 1 we put up an independent at a college nearby in band and plate we were all on the yts and had a right nightmare I've never seen the instructor ( legendary Pete watts ) laugh so much lol

Top Bottom