Career advancement (2 Viewers)

woodsie

Reaction score
After advanced and supervisor cards where could you go from there is rigging an option as I see plenty of jobs offshore for riggers and very well paid.
Nebosh is another one but to much paper work for my liking.
My advanced cert says scaffolding and rigging on it although we didn't do any rigging on the course.
Just thought I'd through it out there coz I'm probably not the only one thinking the same!!

Firstly welcome back mate been a while

if rigging is your choice the film/media work would be ideal with your tickets it should be easier than I found to get in , that would be my first choice

I would have said go for the black card but you don't want the paperwork so why not inspector? Obviously it's paperwork but not as much as supervisor/ health and safety

When I looked into rigging I didn't realise that there was different types of rigging can I ask what riggers do on a offshore? I've only done the media side of things cheers Woodsie hope you find your answer on here mate

Hi Bobby
Not sure what riggers do offshore but there's a lot of work advertised for them offshore with good money as for inspection you can do that off of your advanced course as far as I know and if not you can defo do it with ur supervisor card coz it was one of the units so I'm already qualified to inspect scaffolds.
If paper work is required then I can weather the storm just looking for what the next level is as I'm not one for standing still
What's this black card how would I get more info about this as its not shown on the Citb website?
Cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom