16 year old looking for a scaffolding job

Welcome Lewis first thing to do mate is edit your post and take your phone number and email address of it ,
Anyone that wants to offer you a job will private message you ,
Otherwise you will get all sorts of crank calls mate.

I started at 15 myself and went to hell and back to begin with, SP is right it's cold dirty hard work and you will often wonder what the hell you have got yourself into ,
But after 35 years I wouldn't have changed anything and still have a love for scaffolding.
Go around the local yards and ask for a yard job to start with ,
The money will be ***** but you will have your foot in the door ,
Then banger the life out of the yard foreman and all the scaffolders with questions about this fitting and that beam type thing ,
It will soon become obvious that you are keen to progress up the ladder ,
Bit of luck you will out in the lorrys in no time,
All the best Fella

Lewis very soon you are about to enter a mans world. Hats off for giving a **** at your age I was staying out all night spraying graffiti on trains doing different girls every week and smoking weed.....not alots changed exept being married off but if ya serious you will love the game. There all right in what there saying but in a couple of years when your pals are just starting to sort there live out I'll have 4 years under ya belt at 20 and on good doh hopefully....

Jo apart from entering a mans world on a few occasions
U describe yaself at 16 as u are now ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Lewis

Firstly, welcome to the Forum, you came to the right place for advice, you got a range of options as stated in previous posts…

Personally, if I were you, I would go for route one, get yer ass down to the nearest Scaffolding Co and ask to see the Boss, tell him that you want to be a Scaffolder, its easy for me to say, Iv got decades of experience and with that comes confidence, when you approach Bosses try to be confidant, your enthusiasm with shine through and they like that ( Bosses )…if you get back heeled the first time, go back again and again and again, make them sick of the sight of you and they give you a start…

If I can help out in any way please feel free to PM me…

Oh, by the way are you eny where near Dundee ???

Garry...

Good advice Garry n most of u lads. Got a 18 yr old neighbour in the same boat. Wants to get into scaffolding but no exp told him to knock on doors n go down yards. N ring n ring n ring. He's a big lad for his age n not scared of work so hopefully he will be sorted out soon. But the end of the day like everyone else u have to start at the bottom of the ladder n work your way up. N start earning Shiiit loads of dosh in the right job.

Exactly Jeff graft/learn away and then the £££ comes

I started with a harness and tools from day one and look how that has ended up!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

hi kid id forget about scaffolding if i were you its a low paid trade now compared to others eg welding,rigging and lagging.as your from scotland have you thought about trying for an apprenticeship with doosan babcock as they are from up that way.The welders on the job im on are taking home around 500 to 2000 grand a day and the laggers are on 350 a day compared to the scaffolders that are on 15.75 an hour.try this web site and go through it (apprenticeships.org)

Ive just taken on my 1st apprence for 10years - on the promise of a fully funded apprenticeship. Lasted 2 days lol....they all want the money but just dont want to work for it.

Top Bottom