16 year old looking for a scaffolding job

Lewis finlay

Reaction score
hello, i am 15 years old(16 next month) i am very interested in scaffolding and i know how to set the basic up due to my dad being a painter. i have a CV that i can send you and i'm willing to go anywhere in fife, if someone would give me a job i will leave school at summer. please email me on - trgxstealth@yahoo.com
or phone/text me on - 07519286007

I would recommend you either try and get an apprenticeship or try and go to college. If that's not what you want I would book a Cscs test get the card and then turn up at your nearest scaffold yard on a Monday morning 6.30am looking for work. If they say they ain't got anything try again the next week cos eventually someone won't turn in and away you go. More chance of getting work than just ringing them up. Good luck for the future fella.

When u say u know how to set the basic up.. guessing it's a quick form type of tower your talking about with your dad being a painter.. There's loads of different types mate and scaffolding companies primarily using tube and fitting now. I would just phone up to your local companies and see if they are looking for trainee/apprentices, helps if you already know someone doing it aswell. Best of luck to you mate .

thank yous both for taking the time to reply!, i was going to try and get my headmaster to phone companies up

thank yous both for taking the time to reply!, i was going to try and get my headmaster to phone companies up

DONT YOU DARE!!!!!! Promise ull never live it down mate it's much better coming from you add the personal touch :laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Ps what are you doing up this late on a school night anyway lol

should i just phone all the companies in my area? i'm not sure what would be the best way to go about this...

Yes Lewis that's the very best way mate I can guess that there's not many 15/16 year olds that ring up looking for work especially scaffolding so you will get noticed more imo

Also Ask for a Saturday job until you leave school all it will be is painting fittings/ loading and unloading lorries etc in the yard but you will at least get to know what sizes the materials are get used to handle them which you will need to do before your sent out with a gang ;)

the skills development woman was meant to help but she's not that bothered as it seems. would the best way to go about this is to just phone up my local companies seeking for an apprenticeship....

If you empathise that you want an apprentiship and become a scaffolder then it will look keen which they like

Not to put you off but it will be a shock to the system to say the least but if you can weather the storm so to speak as I said in first post ull love it Lewis promise

i'm going to do that first thing tomorrow, would i be able to private message you if thats okay mate? you know what you're talking about and most of the people i've asked don't have a clue and they keep trying to point me in doing joinery and other common jobs it gets really annoying..

That's no problem Lewis however I don't know any firms in your part of the world your more than welcome to ask . There are quite a few members from your way that will no doubt read this thread tmrw and advise you on firms ;)

For the record I done a year at college for joinery and yep shlte!!!!

yes i know!, the woman who helps get jobs she keeps talking about joinery and plumbing waste of my time, scaffolding seems really good

Plumbing on the other hand is a great job if scaffolding doesn't work out do that or electrician £££ great and do sod all!!! But hope the scaffolding does work for you mate

Welcome to the forum- if this is genuine then good luck with your search but a few things to be aware of that i say to all potential new trainies.
Its fcukin hard -reguardless of what others may say work when you start your gonna feel used & abused , undervalued & overworked- your gonna get hot & dusty in the summer,cold & wet in the winter,everyday you'll hurt yourself in some little way - i'm aware that both pay & opertunities north of the border are less than down south & with the closure of the oil fields theres gonna be some good & experianced scaffolders up there on the lookout for work.
You'd proberbly be better off training to become a plumber where theres a national shortage & which are highly paid.
Having said all that if it hasnt put you off, you have both youth & seem keen to start- & the industry is in dire need of new blood
Urban monkey has given you some sound advise the only thing i would add would be to get your touchscreen & invest in your own cots course all in about £150 - this will prove to an employeer that your genuine, i've had several 16year olds promise me the world & invested in them only for them to give up a few weeks later - so much so that even with a goverment funded & backed apprentiship i wouldnt bother unless the potential recruit had shown some inititive....having said all that good luck in your search

Last edited:
Welcome to the Scaffolders Forum and good luck with your job search!

Top Bottom