scaffold tie basic info!! (1 Viewer)

danielk5787

Reaction score
Hiya, think this is my first post so HELLO! Basically I've done loads of ties in the past for companies but never paid attention to the actual hole size lol. Now I'm on my own I'm looking into buying a cordless drill and ties.

What is everyone using and what size do the holes need to be. Most of my jobs atm are just front of houses and the odd tower but I need to buy a drill before I need it.
I was going to buy a small makita hammer drill but unsure if it can take a bit big enough for the tie hole.
A simple question but if you don't know, you don't know

Cheers, I'm looking at buying the makita dlx2005x1 because a big hammer drill seems a bit overkill atm for the odd use where as with this I'd use it around the house aswell!!

Thanks for the replies!!

My Old Hilti Packed In Last Year So I Had To Buy A New One I Bought A Hilti Te 4 Cordless Spot On Gents Will Drill For Both Hilti Anchors And Apollo Ties So We Are Quids In (Only Thing Now Im Sitting With Fifty Meters Of Lead And A Generator )

It may be worth talking to Hilti, I have just done a deal which includes a free cordless impact wrench and drill along with the purchase of their new bolts. (that was in UAE but I seem to recall they offer same deals in UK)

Alot depends on the type of anchor & fixing u intend to use as well as how many you intend to put in we have a hilti T5 for volume but tbh the makita hammerdrill you're looking at will be fine.in actual fact we used the same model at xmas for drilling 12mm thundrbolt into brickwork for 60x band & plate ties on a temp roof & its still going strong- dont 4get to stay legal though & get a pull tester to check everythings ok or it could end in tears...good luck in your new venture

Top Bottom