Join the SCCR (1 Viewer)

R

ragscaff

Introduction to the
Scaffolders Confederation for Consultation Rights

The S.C.C.R has been set up to provide another voice in the Scaffolding Industry. The general consensus appears to be that the current industry bodies are not representing the Industry as a whole.

Our aim is to provide a link between Health & Safety issues, Training guidance & technical development. This will be achieved by consultation within these areas.

The S.C.C.R. has already made head way with direct consultation with the HSE. The plan is to hold three main meetings each year. Our Health & Safety Development Officer will have direct contact with the people who set the regulation & legislation that we have to comply to. This will be achieved by a sub committee formed from experienced scaffolders & consultants in the current climate.

The main focus that brought about the formation of the S.C.C.R. was an issue with ECITB scaffolders. These scaffolders were under the impression that their card deemed them qualified for life. Now the CISRS have removed this ticket & told experienced scaffolders they no longer have a living unless they go back to basic training & spend between £1,500 to £4,000 on training costs & lost wages!!

We are calling for an over haul of the training system for the following reasons.
1/ Its attendance only.
2/ Timescales to qualifications is too short.
3/ Not enough on site assessments
4/ Unfair system on entry when you have experienced scaffolders.

To undertake this task we have a Training Development Officer. As with the HSE side he will set up a sub committee. Currently the S.C.C.R is trying to set up meetings with the CITB & the CISRS.

Future projects are to set up an Elite membership that will be targeted at the large Construction companies to allow our Elite members to become preferred suppliers. These companies will have to follow current legislation & best working practices & the S.C.C.R. will audit them in order to back them.

Another project which we are looking at launching is a charity side to helping out of work scaffolders. This would include the ECITB scaffolders, we will try & raise money to help them through qualifications. This would be done by way of part grant & part loan. The loan side would only be paid back once the Scaffolder was in a full time job. Then this money would go back into the pot to help the next man in trouble. This is going to take time to set up & if we only manage to help a few people it would be worth it.

The S.C.C.R. is still new & will take time to get into shape, with the committee we have in place I know it will work. The web site is on its way, we have a registered address & an e-mail contact, land line to follow. All correspondence will be posted on the forum under the Committee for Consultation Rights section which will soon just read S.C.C.R.

We are now taking membership e-mail your details to sccr@sky.com

We will then send you the appropriate membership from via e-mail.

Regards Stewart Quinney
Chairman

All information held will be in line with the data protection act 1998

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

S.C.C.R. Membership Categories

Individual Membership​

This is a chance for the Scaffolder to be a part of a confederation that will back the voice of the working man. Discounts on insurance & tools for paid up members. Membership card will be supplied.

Sole Trader Membership​

Sole trader companies have a chance to be part of a confederation to voice their opinions. Industry information will be made available & a chance to be involved on industry based consultation. Discounts on insurance & tools for paid up members. Membership certificate will be supplied

Ltd Company Membership​

Ltd companies have a chance to be part of a confederation to voice their opinions. Industry information will be made available & a chance to be involved on industry based consultation. Discounts on insurance & tools for paid up members. Membership certificate will be supplied

Elite Membership​

This membership will be the flagship of the confederation the aim is to become preferred suppliers to the main construction companies. This membership will be audited & all companies must follow current legislation & best working practices. Membership certificate will be supplied. This membership is not currently open but existing members will be able to upgrade when available.
Supplier Membership​

Any supplier to the Industry can become an associate member.
Membership certificate will be supplied.

Agency Membership​

Any Scaffold agency can become an associate member.
Membership certificate will be supplied.

To apply for a membership form please e-mail sccr@sky.com

Come on Grum surely all your 2000 scaffs at SSUK are intrested in this get your subscription in.....

You can see the different types of membership e-mail sccr@sky.com with the membership you require & you will be e-mailed the form with the price on it.

If it is for an individual membership that is £10 per year.

Hope this helps

Ragscaff

so you need to email to see how much each one costs, i don't know which i want at the moment, it would help if i knew what they all cost? it would save me from sending a few seperate emails

SCCR Membership Price list

Individual Membership £10 per year

Will include membership card. We are working on discounts for insurance companies & tool suppliers.

Sole Trader Membership £40 per year

Will include membership certificate. We are working on discounts for insurance companies & tool suppliers.

Ltd Company Membership £90 per year

Will include membership certificate. We are working on discounts for insurance companies & tool suppliers.

The associate side of the SCCR will be done by application. Deals may be made on advertising or discounts offered. If you are a supplier then contact us at sccr@sky.com

In preparation for the next question what do you get for your money.

To be part of an organisation that will represent you in regards the HSE, CITB, CISRS, NASC etc. We aim to work along side these other organisations & have already set up meetings with the HSE. I am also about to confirm a meeting with the CISRS. All the committee are working for free behind the scenes on issues such as ECITB, Training in general, Health & Safety matters, guidance & legislation matters.

Also we are negotiating discounts from insurance companies & suppliers for all members.​

Looks like we got a serious contender in the SCCR.

Why should YOU Join.

BECAUSE WITHOUT YOU THERE WOULD BE NO SCAFFOLD OPERATIONS.

BECAUSE YOUR INPUT IS IMPORTANT.

BECAUSE YOUR WORTH IT.

Make SCCR work for you...

I am from tomorrow away in France for six or seven days working.

If you apply it may take longer to deal with your request.

Regards Ragscaff :eek:

I am from tomorrow away in France for six or seven days working.

If you apply it may take longer to deal with your request.

Regards Ragscaff :eek:

Can you bring me back 200 Bensons mate. :smile1:

If you need a reason to join then back our newest committee member the Legend Mr Garry Adams.

As of today Admin has stood down due to the forum working so well, I asked Garry to take over Promotions Secretary & he agreed, He has been seconded.

Anyone disagreeing with this, needs to post it within 24hrs.

Ragscaff
SCCR
Chairman

Glad he's been appointed, I had put him forward for a position originally before I realised he'd gone AWOL (bloody part timers). Good to see he is back on the forum, a valuable addition.

nice to ave you on the sccr team gary.

Garry is a great asset the SCCR, Im gunna be working very closly with him. Now im looking for 2 more to work on my sub committee for the training side of things. would perfer , instuctors , ex citb people ,

forward me your cv's .....

Last edited:
Top Bottom