scammed on ebay (1 Viewer)

ablespence

Reaction score
hi all, watch out for someone offering 2nd hand tube on ebay...we just got scammed for a few grand! Ad looks genuine and the gear is the right price (not too cheap) but the page and paypal link weren't real. It was being sold as a company closing rather than just a self build ad.
I've been buying on ebay for 13 years and thought I was careful but it still makes you feel like a tw*t!

not being funny or anything but doesn't ebay give you the right to retract from your sales if goods are not supplied and if someone holds an account with ebay don't they have to supply legitimate details to create an account think this is a claim from ebays insurance bud

not being funny or anything but doesn't ebay give you the right to retract from your sales if goods are not supplied and if someone holds an account with ebay don't they have to supply legitimate details to create an account think this is a claim from ebays insurance bud

Your right SCC. They refund your money as long as you have proof etc......:mad:
Ba5tards. Hate tea leaves

I think thays only if the transaction is completed throigh paypal if you were to pay direct or through a bank transfer i think your on your own

scammed

thanks for your comments...already got the old bill involved and unfortunately the way the scam was done I haven't got any comeback from ebay or paypal. Tried ....waiting to hear back from the bank to see if we can get something back. scammer bank account frozen but doesn't mean the bstds wont try again!

So what you mean is, possibly to avoid paypal and ebay costs you have sorted the deal through ebay and then tried to sort the funds out by way of direct bank transfer outside of ebay ?

hi all, watch out for someone offering 2nd hand tube on ebay...we just got scammed for a few grand! Ad looks genuine and the gear is the right price (not too cheap) but the page and paypal link weren't real. It was being sold as a company closing rather than just a self build ad.
I've been buying on ebay for 13 years and thought I was careful but it still makes you feel like a tw*t!

If I read it correctly it Looks like the trade was done outside of ebay or paypal on a dodgy site that looked like the real thing

I know its a real pain but occasionally look up to the web address bar at the top of your page and it should start like (https://www. whatever) the s in the https indicates that its a secure site and the blaggers haven't managed to get around this (its a good security check) anyway the horse has bolted and I hope your bank will help out :mad:

Sorry to hear you got caught out ,
But surely you would only pay once you have seen the kit and where the to collect it

Sorry to hear of your loss pal, I hope you get something back in time

I must agree with Philio though,when ever I purchased gear that was not through a normal supplier, Trad or the like on a 30 day invoice the gear was on the back of my wagon, having been fully inspected while loading.:)

Most likely form of purchase would be cash a big feck off wad of fifties and/or twenties handed over at this time. I had the scaffold the guy had his cash job done and dusted.The seller would then stand me a few drinks down the nearest cruiser for good luck.:cool:

Happy Days

Top Bottom