Truck insurance. (1 Viewer)

Tony Mason

Reaction score
I'd like to know who you guys insure your trucks with. Dont want to phone up every company, so after some advive and wisdom.
Kind Regards Tony.

I use NFU Mutual Tony. We make lots of changes throughout the year, drivers coming and going etc. and nothing is ever too much trouble for them.
Cost wise they are pretty good too.

We're underwritten by Avia Fleet insurance m8- 3 lorries, 2 trucks ,3 vans & a 4x4 - any age driver 3rd party F&T @£2500

The whole fleet but just noticed the 4x4 is fc with a 750 excess the others have £500 excess..

Wot happened to ur m8 from andover who was gonna drop that roll of shrink off?

We're underwritten by Avia Fleet insurance m8- 3 lorries, 2 trucks ,3 vans & a 4x4 - any age driver 3rd party F&T @£2500

Do your 3 lorries and 2 trucks = 5 wagons :D

Who drives the 4x4 the yard labourer ;)

joking apart seems a pretty good deal, even including the excess

Lol rigger-
1 truck's my sons(chargehand) navarra the others a cabstar the 4×4s my outlander & the fixers get the 3 vans & the labourer get the cabstar lol

He aint come down yet but will be before weekend , what broker to u go to mate as at min im paying 18 grand with aviva for
3 x 7.5 ton
2 x 38 ton artic
8 x 3.5 pickups
6 x small vans

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Thats through towergate

Whitehouse insurance out of Basingstoke 01256 469 916
2 x 18t
1x 7.5t
1x 3.5 cabstar
3 vans a navarra & a outlander

Last edited:
He aint come down yet but will be before weekend , what broker to u go to mate as at min im paying 18 grand with aviva for
3 x 7.5 ton
2 x 38 ton artic
8 x 3.5 pickups
6 x small vans

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Thats through towergate

That vehicle set up seems bazaar to me lol, 8 3.5 pick ups

There's loads of wagon drivers that can do a bit of scaffolding but we're running out of scaffolders who can drive a wagon pigman.

I pay for everyone who's old enough to drive to do their hgv and just knock 50 quid a week off their wages each week til they've paid it off, which they don't notice as I tend to give them a small pay rise when they pass anyway

But I do agree, not many HGV scaffs, I just don't understand it, couple lads who started for me been scaffolding 30 years and never done it, it's beyond me

Must be a money thing pigman. It's not cheap. But take me hat off to u for doing it ur way. Nice 1 mate.

So what happens if they fcuk off as soon as they get it then....you left holding the invoice but without a driver...nice thought in principle but in practice i wouldnt even think of putting anyone through till theyve been with me a year & then its free gratis - none of this pay back a fiver a week bollockss
Trouble is most of the older guys that had grandfathers rights to drive lgv have left the industry.

Last edited:
So what happens if they fcuk off as soon as they get it then....you left holding the invoice but without a driver...nice thought in principle but in practice i wouldnt even think of putting anyone through till theyve been with me a year & then its free gratis - none of this pay back a fiver a week bollockss
Trouble is most of the older guys that had grandfathers rights to drive lgv have left the industry.

Risk you take I guess, just like any job you take on. If you thought that way when you put jobs up you'd be asking to be paid beforehand incase you didn't get paid, but that's part of being an employer. You'll always get people who are out to con whatever they can but you can't let a few bad apples spoil it for everyone else

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

And in terms of the grandfather licence I think 7.5 tonnes are ok as a run around but i wouldnt run anything under 18 ton as a main waggon personally

Words of wisdom, how long you been trading...must av been bitten a few times though.
Tbh I think it depends on both the size of your company & the type of works you do -i used to know a company that had a fleet of cabstars with no lorries at all.& Others who only work off drop beds.no point in running 18s if you only do little tea & biscuit job.

Only 6 years, but it was hard enough starting at 18 nevermind any younger lol, 3 x 18 tonners, 1 x 7.5 tonner and a trailer + l200 pickup.

Not been ripped off by an employee yet, except when they stand around drinking cups of tea when I'm not there :amuse:

I was lucky enough to have grandfather rights for the 7.5t then my employer put me through the class 2. I will be honest driving can be a ball ache. Spent many hours looking for the job whilst the other lads in the cab dont give a fcuk.

Top Bottom