Public demonstration redcar teesside

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER

Reaction score
Public demonstration

there is a public demonstration to be held at redcar on saturday 18th april from 10.00 am. The demonstration is with regards to the construction of the wilton 11 project on wilton international site were british workers have been unable to secure work on the project.
The project is being built predominately using european labour who are being used as cheap labour and are undermining the current national agreements for the engineering and construction industry.
This protest is not against european labour working in this country but unscrupulous employers who insist on undercutting existing terms and conditions.
Normally these projects bring great benifit to the surrounding communities while under construction because of the locals spending back in the community and the jobs it would normally create.
The demonstration will start from the majuba car park from 10.00 am and make its way along the promanade alongside the coast then back along the high street to congrigate next to the clock for a mass meeting.
It is vitally important that we all make the time and effort to attend this demonstration for the future of the construction industry and the surrounding communities.

Good post Teesside
I hope that this will have a good turn out and that the unions are doing their bit.
I have worked with many lads from boro and surrounding areas and to think that they are being cheated out of a job at home through the greed of the BIG PLAYERS is a joke that needs addressed
The local and national agreements are under threat AGAIN and every true working man has to fight against the rats that seek to undermine them.
Keep me posted please tees;)

Top Bottom