Impact Drivers (1 Viewer)

scaffler

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a Milwaukee 2454-22 M12 FUEL 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion 3/8 in. Impact Wrench with max torque 158Nm. Is 12v enough? has anybody used this model before?
All feedback is much appreciated. Ta!

Attachments

• 12v 38inch drive.jpg
    12v 38inch drive.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 12
Go for 1/2" drive with at least 200 Nm of torque. The higher the amperage the better.
We think these are good value, light and our local dealer has an excellent after sales service.

The 12v Milwaukee is only 1kg.. Half the weight of the 18v models and they're half the price.
Isn't the recommended torque for fittings only 54Nm?
It does look a bit light duty, but that's a plus if it does the job..
Has anyone tried one this size?

Met a couple ov scaffs one working on a job near us and one was using the Milwaukee and one the Makita and they both said the Milwaukee was the better one ? with it being nimble etc

Would you use a 8 oz hammer to bang a 6 inch nail in ?

A 12 volt battery will turn so many nuts as will a 3/8 drive

But if you want it to keep turning them nuts all day you need to upgrade it to 18 volt and 1/2 inch drive

That's why it's only half the price because it's not capable of doing what you need it to do scaffold wise

Never Used One Chaps, Its Taken Me Thirty Years To Put A Ratchet On My Belt, And Even Then It Comes Off As Quick As It Goes On.

Broken jaw or instant Death is my only choice Gerscaff......right or left hand :D

Is that the problem though they are stripping the thread ie 50knm to tighten a bolt manually ?

Joe after 35 years on the spanner the only bad point I have with these things is the noise they make ,
But after 2 years using one they are the dogs nuts mate ,
And if Ian doing a punch up or spur I always check the fitting after with my spanner and can always get a quarter turn ,
So they don't strip threads mate ,in fact I don't think they do the fittings up tight enough

Would you use a 8 oz hammer to bang a 6 inch nail in ?

A 12 volt battery will turn so many nuts as will a 3/8 drive

But if you want it to keep turning them nuts all day you need to upgrade it to 18 volt and 1/2 inch drive

That's why it's only half the price because it's not capable of doing what you need it to do scaffold wise

The 12v batteries are only 2Ah compared to 4Ah wit the 18v.. But it has a 30min charge. So if you can go till breakfast with one then stick it on charge and use the second till dinner and so on..

I'm about to upgrade to brushless makita highly recommended got the previous makita and never had any problems apart from General wear ie brushes, but I'm now thinking what's replaced the brushes and will that be a more expensive repair/service. And couldn't agree less with Philliosmaximus.

I've been using mak's for the last 6-7yrs and never had any problems, swaped to a milwalkee for a few mths under recommendation from a forum member but i prefer the mak.
performance wise there isnt alot of difference....however i've just swapped to a brushless mak and one batt can last just under a days graft erecting ( 8-4 ), and one batt lasts all day striking.

Den - not surprised your battery lasts all day as you only do up 8 fittings with it;)

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

Just found a video of a guy using the 12v impact wrench to take a wheel off a 4x4. Check out the link below.

http://youtu.be/oSeRLYuT4Kc

spunds to me like uve already made ur mind up lol let us know if its anygood - my fear would be it isnt robust enough to do the job for very long.:worried:

Swifty - a company close to me woek with the dewault & theyre forever in for repairs.

Dannyboy- replace a set of brushes costs less than a £5 but a new brushless motor is circa £50. So in a year you may use 2-3 sets or 1 motor-£12 or £50....no brainer to me m8

Last edited:
I'm about to purchase a Milwaukee 2454-22 M12 FUEL 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion 3/8 in. Impact Wrench with max torque 158Nm. Is 12v enough? has anybody used this model before?
All feedback is much appreciated. Ta!

I have the Dewalt, 18v. Its tightens well enough and if you need to can still undo them with your spanner. The Hilti 24v really are the muts nuts, but its hard work to undo your fittings with a spanner.

The boys at work have the 3/8 12v Milwaukee
They have trouble with the box falling off as there's no retaining pin,clip, ball

Now these are a lot lighter but they go through batteries like a scaff doing Charlie

However Milwaukee do a 12v with 1/2 inch drive if you are getting one go for that one

I think that the 158 Nm max torque of the 12v should be enough, the battery charging will be a pain but if you can get over that with a few batteries it could be good. I haven't seen the 12v with a 1/2in drive Mr.B. I'll have to research a bit more.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.. With it costing less than £200 and weighing only 1 kg (which is good with the amount kit a scaff has to carry about these days) it's definitely worth a shot..
I'll let you know how I get on with it..

Cheers.

Top Bottom