alfie_perrin_manslaughter_trial_building_site_supe rvisor_andrew_voy_found_not_guilty_ (1 Viewer)

Just look at the scaffold. Hardly suprising an inexperienced 16 year old apprentice fell to his death.
Maybe if the scaffolders had put another few minutes into the job we wouldn't be reading this.

With respect mate i put a swingover on some jobs,more like what fukwit put the skip 20 ft away and didnt pay for a chute, at 14 i was up on roofs and all kinds and it was my uncle or cousin who taught me to fear nothing but respect certain things

Ive done far worse jobs than that and left accesses open at request, when i leave a job its up to the builder in charge of that poor boy to keep him safe or get his hand in his pocket and pay a proper fukin wage to a bloke

Put a gate on and i guarantee you it would have been tied open!

I Agree With Some (Or Most Actually) Of What You Say Joe, I Have Seen Slaters Taking The Ladder Out Of A Ladder Bay And Throw It On The Deck So They Can Load It Out With Slates, Sometimes It Doesnt Matter How Good Or Bad A Scaffold Is, Some Building Companies Just Dont Care, Dont Care About M

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

(What The Hell Happened There) But I Will Try Again, Dont Care About Mens Lives, Dont Care About Safe Working Practises, They Only Care About Profit Margins.

Joe, the scaffold may not have killed him but it didn't save him either.
Like you say it's the builder's responsibility to keep him safe.

Its got double handrail toeboards netting is braced fine and the swingover isnt strictly right but a commonly used method, personal responsibility doesnt come into it because of this poor kids age but even trip handrailed whos to say he knew were to stand or how to manual handle anything, the blame for me lies squarely at the bloke who employed him and supervises him,its tragic mate but if it was my job i wouldnt feel guilt

My condolence to family and friends of the deceased lad

Don't think the scaffolder could have done much more,leave a gap for the ladder and be damned,fully towboard and hand rail and be damned :mad:

A far bigger contribution was made by the positioing of the skip in the road, a good 4/5 metres from the scaffold.

quote "But when throwing the second bag of rubbish into the skip below he slipped and fell onto the street.."

Top Bottom