Scaffolding software options (1 Viewer)

ianrip

Reaction score
Hi guys any suggestions for an all in one software programme.

• Estimate
• Invoicing
• Planning Mats & man-hours etc
• Anything else

Strikesoft. Out of Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire England.

I would have mentioned smart scaffolder but of late it is not getting good reviews

I would have mentioned smart scaffolder but of late it is not getting good reviews

The sad reality is that none of the computer software formats ever offered have the complete answer for scaffolding. Each scaffold job is unique and sadly the people who write programs do not have a lifetime experience in contract scaffolding to know this. At best they will cover the bulk of the straight forward work but when the job is out of the norm the software hands you over to blank sheets where you have to do all the work. If you are not well versed in the 'nut's and bolts' of the profession you may well resort to a 'best guess' scenario.

The best computer is a mind of scaffolding knowledge gained through experience.

I'm looking for something mostly from the Client side rather than a basic Contracting side
So far it seems to be materials tracking and extra hire rates, and invoicing to include hire and unit rates

I need something that can show when works were erected and dismantled, but proof of erection is required not just a simple spreadsheet that say’s DONE-COMPLETE-DISMANTLED-ETC

I have used a sheet where I got the end users to sign off on a section to say “the scaffold has been built to my requirements “ however I’m looking for a software solution to this.

I’ve looked at
AVONTUS
STRIKE
SMART
THE BOSS

Anything else out there

I'm aware that scaftag now do a barcode reader for tagging which would come in handy on a large job - as it would give you times for completion, inspection & the dismantle...with each job details allready logged you could incorporate this info with similar software for estimating hey presto problem solved

I believe what you are looking for is a Purdy Phil.
Really though you have to have someone that will phone your debtors daily and 'badger' them till they get fed up and paying becomes the easy option.
I really used to enjoy this part of my job as when the cheque came in you felt a real sense of achievement.

Last edited:
Ianrip,
As always Binthere is correct I have yet to see software suitable to achieve what is required due to our varied needs.
Nothing wrong with falling back to Excel always use it as a cross check on most things to be honest.

I doubt there will never be a substitute to the customer’s signature on a piece of paper to confirm erection and another to confirm dismantle. I would guess the software equivalent is available as seen in most use with most courier services.

Phil, As Doug has said persistence, the squeaky wheel gets oiled first. Not how it should be I am sure but never the less that’s how it is.

Top Bottom