Shrink wrap (1 Viewer)

S

southernpoofter

Anyone know where i can buy a roll of this at a sensible price please

Omg pml.....ur so funny den....not lol- seriously av u seen the price of this stuff . I.need a roll to play & see how hard it is to do b4 investing proper

Sca protect, uk polythene, tuff coat and Eco wrap are the suppliers I know of. 300 micron flame retardant rolls about £160-£180 a roll(7mx15m) if I remember correctly.

I used it once where i was on for malvern daz, cant remember how much it was. We sheeted the sides on a temp roof we did and it looked the bollox.
IMG_0578.jpg

Sh1t hot stuff...folkestone pier had a roof a quarter of a mile long done with it!!

Sca protect, uk polythene, tuff coat and Eco wrap are the suppliers I know of. 300 micron flame retardant rolls about £160-£180 a roll(7mx15m) if I remember correctly.

Thats what i mean about pricey lol -was hoping to scrounge some offcuts to practice on b4 investing in a few rolls

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

In your dreams joe lol

Hi Guys

I am currently on a live gas plant and they will not allow a naked flame to weld the edges together. has anyone any other experience using adhesives to join the plastic??

havespannerwilltravel
Not sure that advice still works now 😄😄
Also depends on the gun you use.

Diarmuid
We use a glue called web tack. I have used it offshore so the data sheet should be passed off. You can buy it from THE GLUE PEOPLE it comes in a 17kg bottle with a gun and hose attachment

Sean

Sean

I will look into that product, seen as you have used it off sore it should be good for here.
Much appreciate the help.
Diarmuid

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Sean,

another quick one for you.
Would you use the web tack on scaffolds, i.e. bond the plastic to the scaffold tubes. And will it require ratchet straps to be placed over it for tension?

Regards,
Diarmuid

Diarmuid
The webtack will stick the plastic to almost anything. When you cut your welds over the handrail or any tube and would normally use the gun to weld, use the glue instead of heat.
The glue if used liberally will hold just as good as a heated weld.

Can I ask how you plan on shrinking it?

Sean

Sean,

Shrinking was to to be my next question :) we used to use a gas flame, but this has been scrapped by our client. We also have monoflex, which is a total disaster in high winds.
At the moment we are draping the sheeting over the scaffolding, applying an adhesive to the seams and the tensioning it with ratchet straps. I have asked our client can we use a heat gun, which was declined....
So we are tring to get a tight seal soley by hand and nothing else.

Diarmuid
Without the option of heat the only option we have found is the ratchet system.
It's long and a pain in the arse but works.

Sean,

Ya we're having the same issues, but its the best option with using heat.

Thanks for your help and advise, its much appreciated.

Top Bottom