Scaffolder Blueprint Recruitment Limited - Glasgow Contract (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Blueprint Recruitment require a squad (3) of Scaffolders for a Cuplock scaffolding job in Perth.

This is street work for approximately 6 weeks working 39 hours Mon-Fri with a PAYE Umbrella pay rate of £15.50.

Current CISRS card and previous street work experience required.

If interested please forward an up to date CV with the front and back of your CISRS card to gmoffat@blueprint-recruitment.co.uk ASAP.

Perth? That was 60 miles north of Glasgow the last I checked.

Don't see why umbrella gets all the shlt in truth I'm starting umbrella next week with my mate he's on £160 x 5 is £800 once he's filled in his exps he clears £750!!! So only 50 sobs lost is there anything else I don't know about umbrella?

i worked umbrella for 3 months and was quids.they give you an expenses sheet to claim your food back and mileage to the job,not sure if you can claim to a yard.i got 50p a mile and just put 20 miles a day when it was 17,so £10 a day and maybe costing me £5.you can put receipts in for food aswell,so if you spend £10 a day which I think was the allowance for a 10 hour shift you get it back.they don't give any of it to you in cash,they take a % of your gross or £21,whichever is less then offset your expenses against your tax so you don't pay any but I was still better off then PAYE,might not be the same for everyone but just thought I would pass on my experience.they get a bad name but that's because they take a cut and everyones like,robbing ba£tards,but then they work for them and realise its not so bad,theyre basically a back hander for the agencies as they don't need a payroll department,so even do less work for their cut!!

If you dont check with hmrc every week you may end up paying tax twice, govn is going after this so called loophole and hmrc will tell you ultimately the responsibility for making sure your tax is payed is down to you.....why.....SELF EMPLOYED ;)

yea there is that.i now work on UTR and am classed as self employed but employer takes 20% tax each week and I get a yearly NI bill,but its only £80 a year,so still way better off as you can pay £80 in a week on a blue book site.you put a self assessment in each year to claim back your "holiday pay" essentially as don't get any.the umbrella is on a similar wavelength to this but I have a mate who works for HMRC and he was saying that by 20 something the HMRC want everyone on PAYE,whether that happens is another thing though

worked with a lad last week who found out that the umbrella company he worked under hadnt payed any of his Tax even when they claimed to have done so.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN TAX
SELF EMPLOYED OR NOT YOU ARE LIABLE
PAYE is the only way
holiday pay,and workers rights LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE NOT SHORT GAIN

PAYE may be the "only way" but guys woth families who arent working arent gonna say no to a job just because its not PAYE. ive worked self employed for 5 year now and i prefer it to PAYE, that said i hope i never need to work umbrella its a fcuking con.

I (allegedly) worked for blueprint, put expenses in for hotel at £60 a night and £120 for fuel a week and did bent receipts. ££££££ Kerching.

Top Bottom