Pricing a job.

coatsy

Reaction score
Hello lads/lasses. Just after a bit of help here. I've got a job to go and price tomorrow. I've never been involved in pricing a job before so therefore I ain't got a clue on prices. It's in the North East so I'm after a price by square which is 10'x10' if I'm not mistaken. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 👍

I'm surprised that nobody has offered a bit of advice before now. It may be because a lot more information is required before any formula can be worked out. Are you supplying the gear, is there any transport involved, is it a tg20 compliant job, how many men are expecting a cut, what exactly is your responsibilities during the contract term, are you insured, should you be?

Not by any means, an exhaustive list, but you would certainly need to know the answer to this and more before pricing any job.

Hello lads/lasses. Just after a bit of help here. I've got a job to go and price tomorrow. I've never been involved in pricing a job before so therefore I ain't got a clue on prices. It's in the North East so I'm after a price by square which is 10'x10' if I'm not mistaken. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ��

Start at a million quid.

Only you can value your worth

But don’t forget some of the following

1.Materials
• How much gear will you need
• How Long for
• How much to hire from a supplier
• What’s the delivery and Collection charges
• What’s the lost & damages charges
• How much to insure the gear on hire

2. Transport
• How will you get to site
• How many visits will you make (include for the dismantle)
• How many supervisory visits
• Any parking charges

3. Labour
• How long to put it up
• Any adaptions
• How long to strike
• Any carry in or out
• Waiting time
• What’s your pay going to be per day

4. Overheads
• How much to charge for admin time, site surveys, arranging the above & pricing the job
• Supervisory charges
• Insurance
• Cost of your equipment, vehicles, plant & tools
• Taxes &Holiday Pay
• This list can go on and on!

5. Profit
• The dirty word, but there feck all point in doing it without it
• The risk factor (against getting paid and losing money on a job)

6. Site Expenses
• Ties
• Permits
• Traffic management
• Etc etc etc

You won't win work going in that high, id start at half a million.

Tony stop undercutting mate that's the reason we can't have a new Range Rover every year ,
How can you just cut 50% with out seeing all the complications that might be involved :rolleyes:

Get ikram and kammy todo it and go for 100k
By the time you pay them the £30 a man that should give you a nice tidy profit;)

Top Bottom