Help needed to advance

superbadxxx

Reaction score
hi guys, im new to the forum and very impressed how helpful everyone seems to be.

what I need to know how I can move from a part 1 trainee to a part 2, ive just got back in the scaffolding game after many years on the sick, Ive got my part 1 card renewed now I need to get my part 2. the thing is tho ive always worked though agencies on short term contracts, im not sure how much experience ive got all together but it must be somewere between 1 and 2 years,

what I need to know is how much experience do you need to advance from a part 1 trainee to a part 2, how many, if any refferances do I need, and is there any exams or tests I need to complete.

Thanks lads

Last edited:
Evening super.

firstly you need to get yourself back into work with a local firm and get yourself a bit more experiance and upto date with the new regs. Once you've got 6mths to a year under belt you could possible go for your part 2.
Your cisrs/citb no thats on your card stays with you for life. The part 2 course is 2 weeks and then followed up with a 1 or 2 day assesment. All exams/tests are conducted on your course so there's no further tests other than updating your card when due for renewal.

all the best.....Den

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Get fuked ;)

:laugh::laugh:.......good reply joe....:toung:

hi guys, im new to the forum and very impressed how helpful everyone seems to be.

what I need to know how I can move from a part 1 trainee to a part 2, ive just got back in the scaffolding game after many years on the sick, Ive got my part 1 card renewed now I need to get my part 2. the thing is tho ive always worked though agencies on short term contracts, im not sure how much experience ive got all together but it must be somewere between 1 and 2 years,

what I need to know is how much experience do you need to advance from a part 1 trainee to a part 2, how many, if any refferances do I need, and is there any exams or tests I need to complete.

Thanks lads

*bangs head on desk repeatedly.

You need at least another 7-10 years experience tbh & if you still aint cracked retrain as a plumber- hours are better as well as the pay lol

well superbad if you haven't clicked on how the cisrs card works out you soon will this is how it works find a spare grand turn up for 10 days listen to the instructor go on how he put jobs up that no one else would touch and bragg about his self proclaimed elite ness answer all the ridiculous questions turn up after your six month assessment part with another 250 quid pass go out put work up then let the old hands go back and put it right this is all courtesy of nasc and their sponsored bellocks scc

If your paying for your own course just book it that's all I did,Once they grab the money your sorted just turn up.
They will sort out portfolio etc while there and if you have been scaffolding you will **** it mate.

Top Bottom