Material calculator

skinner

Reaction score
Alright Gents,

Looking for a bit of help with some program or software that will calculate material required for tube & fitting and Cuplok when you put in length, width and height.

Been trawling the t'internet but only came across the usual ones that charge a fortune for a yearly subscription.

Help on this would be much appreciated[emoji106]

Cheers

Skinner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome skinner ,
All them program's cost a fortune mate and to be honest nothing beats the pen and paper
For the simple reason you have to work the whole job out before you load the lorry

Welcome skinner ,
All them program's cost a fortune mate and to be honest nothing beats the pen and paper
For the simple reason you have to work the whole job out before you load the lorry

That is ok when you are working off the back of a 3 tonner like you big phil.

For large projects you don't need paper the back of a fag packet will do.

First post and on the bludge, well done Skinner you should fit in well!!
Welcome to the forum

To be honest I have an upper limit of 140 tonnes for a vessel manual material take off and generally overestimate by approximately 10 of each required item.. For larger jobs such as long pipe racks I generally take a section, work out the material and multiply by the number of sections required.
Sadly the ability to do an accurate manual materials take off seems to be an almost extinct skill and something that should be included in the advanced course in my opinion with unsuccessful candidates having to resit.

Top Bottom