Part 2 Scaff with Australian passport looking for work in OZ (2 Viewers)

Cornishlad

Reaction score
I have part 2 ticket, confined space, asbestos, Offshore tickets currently working in London but looking to move over to Oz. I have Australian passport and be heading over ASAP. Any info appreciated

Cheers Ollie

Welcome to the forum cornishlad. Which part are you heading for?

How do you have oz passport? melbourne and perth are a few 1000 miles apart. I can pm you a contact for Perth. try google melbourne companies and send a few emails to them.

How do you have oz passport? melbourne and perth are a few 1000 miles apart. I can pm you a contact for Perth. try google melbourne companies and send a few emails to them.
Mums Australian lived out there when I was a kid. I know its just there the 2 places where I have people I can stay with. If you could be that would be a help. Thanks.

Alright mate if you go to Perth u can change your uk tickets tothe Australian advanced one in 2 days at perth training centre it will cost u about 1300
there work at my company in darwin they dont care if u have your tickets as long as u can scaff

Sorry for the late reply,

Perth is getting tight on pay in the city, but there is a fair bit of commercial work going on, the FIFO is also getting quiet, mining is in a bit of a hole (pun intended) but there is a good bit of offshore work coming in now as we approach the end of the cyclone season, offshore is not as closed a shop down here as it is in the N Sea, if you get your training in (not cheap) then if you are a scaffolder you will get work in WA.

Melbourne is busy in the commercial sector and there is a bit going on at Longford with CB&I (lots of beams), the unions are strong in Victoria so the rates are still high and Melbourne is cheaper to live in than Perth.

NZ is crying out for lads, and your Aussie passport and CISRS quals will get you over the line.

Good luck with it.

Top Bottom