Formula for calculating a price for a big carry. (1 Viewer)

copperknackers

Reaction score
Alright chaps, anyone got a decent way of working out a price for a massive carry.

Anything will do, whether it's formula to use for the weight or length of gear carried against the distance, or just a percentage added back on top of the price for the trek.

Cheers chaps

Normally just estimate how many man hours its gonna take plus another 20% just in case

Two boys I'd price at £60 an hour . Depends a bit how far the carry is can you use mechanical aids ?

Had a similar situation the other week. Needed to get the year up on to a flat roof walk it 30m then up on to another flat roof. The walking took longer than erecting. Just estimated on hours.

I often use a formula based around X amount per tonne per 10m distance. The X value will vary depending on the average cost of your labour, use of trolleys etc, rough or smooth ground, etc. I usually double the amount if the distance is vertical for chaining the gear up.

As a reality check, think how long it will take you to carry a 21' from your drop off point to the erection point and then walk back to the drop off point, and multiply it out allowing for fag and drink breaks :bigsmile:

As the Highlander once said, "There can be only one"..... way ( I added "way" to make my point)

How many men x how many hours x how much money x how MANY times you do it.

thanks
Alan

I'm sure the answer was in there Swifty but to be honest I lost track after the first 15 pages :)

Windy Moments

Alan as per attatched, you didn't leave window open when you turned your Mattress during early spring clean ?

Attachments

• This is the incredible moment people in Dubai abandoned their cars and scrambled for cash after .doc
    83.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
The job is a piece of ****, but has a 90m carry from a carpark in a little village with single track roads. Gear is being carried down a cobbled street with no vehicular access. Approximately 25 ton of kit in it

Bill of materials for the base lift divided by how much can be reasonably carried by one person at a time, multiplied by the time to walk 2x (from truck to job) multiplied by the amount of lifts 2x for erection and dismantle

So simple example. 8ft base lift, 2 minutes there and back (no boards/hand rail)

4x 21ft carried 1 at time = 8 minutes
4x 8ft carried 4 at a time = 2 minutes
3x 5ft carried 3 at a time = 2 minutes
1x 10ft carried 1 at a time = 2 minutes
bucket of fittings, one trip = 2 minutes

total walk time = 32 minutes approx for erection/dismantle 50% your hourly labour rate.

Get a towable v barrow from alan Stuart engineering. Hire a KAwasaki mule with a tow hitch and tow it to the job.

Top Bottom