Might be the first girl to post? (2 Viewers)

themisses

Reaction score
Took me ages on how to firgure out how to post using tapatalk. So much so that I missed deadline for the reason I was going to post. Haha!

Hi! :) I wanted to ask a question or maybe for some advice from you old scaffolders, you.

I am a girl. Hence the title... with a "friend" in scaffolding. (There are air quotes as we have dated before and am not sure what we are now - irrelevant). I wanted to know how best I could help him. It was particularly for an exam he has in scaffolding - but nows he's passed it and i found out it was multiple choice. Dumbass, even I could've done that. Worried for nothing. Haha.

Okay so we come from VERY different lifestyles. I am a firm believer of 'if you have the brains - go get educated.' But mostly as a fall back as I also believe some people aren't for uni and other trades don't require a degree. But I, myself, have been and will be going back. Have always got good grades, not a big drinker, don't enjoy pubs and live at home free of charge with pocket money sometimes. I have a part time job.

He on the other hand. Has always worked for everything he has. sometimes refers to me as a snob and a bit privileged. I do not, however. He says he grafts really hard with a full time scaffolding job and a part time second job. Poor mite wakes up at 6:30am and gets home at 10pm (6 days a week without fail) if he's lucky. He's made me want to work harder for myself and I was wondering if there was anything I could do from a scaffolders perspective.

Would be great if I could learn a little too so I can understand his day at work better.

Much appreciated to any replies - if I get any at all.

Last edited:
Welcome to Scaffs forum Fellas Misses

Scroll down the Page Bottom Right
continue onward to Forward Jump Box - selection of Topics with Scaffold & other information.

Last edited:
The only thing u could do in my opinion to help him-educated or not is get up in the morning &,send him off with a good packed lunch & make sure theres a hot dinner waking for him on his return.

We do not live together. And when I try to cook for him and shoves me off for his friends. But thank you for your reply.

Haha. As mentioned in the former post he has a second job.

Some introduction that is!!! Lol

Welcome to the forum btw scaffolders are a unique breed of character and need a right character to settle down with he should propose imo you sound ideal to keep him on his toes lol

Ps ' dumbass ' you wouldn't be American by any chance?

Yeah. I probably should have put this thread elsewhere but didnt know where. Propose?! Haha!! We are very young. Not to mention we aren't together... i guess. I'm just trying to understand him a little more - especially his days. It took me ages to realise 'gaffa' 'gaffer' was scaffolding jargon for boss.

With my constant need for research I seriously want to understand his lifestyle.

Nah mate. British born and bred.

Last edited:
Id Certainly research the members on here believe me the insight into a scaffolders mind is the greatest story ever told lol

Again welcome to the forum missus

Bobby. Thanks I'd like some input. Have been lurking for 4 days now! Decided to just ask about.

Havespanner. Aha! Yeah yeah ;) ive seen him at work a few times. Hes not a good liar even if he tried. Even if he did have someone on the side it okay cause he ain't getting it from me.

Bobby. Thanks I'd like some input. Have been lurking for 4 days now! Decided to just ask about.

Havespanner. Aha! Yeah yeah ;) ive seen him at work a few times. Hes not a good liar even if he tried. Even if he did have someone on the side it okay cause he ain't getting it from me.

If you are available just start a new thread. :love:

This another windup. there have been a few wimmen posters on here. Harness was a bloke. Ganderiser phsyc nurse of course rosie bettertax, mechelle ,mitchells scaffolding gb23, Welcome to the forum anyway,the sharks start circling at the whiff of skirt. good luck.:cool:

Hella confused. Are you saying I am not a real woman? Gasp. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Paha! This is not a dating website, if that's what you're getting at. Input guys! What are the qualifications he can get to move up the ladder??

Hella confused. Are you saying I am not a real woman? Gasp. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Paha! This is not a dating website, if that's what you're getting at. Input guys! What are the qualifications he can get to move up the ladder??

He doesn't need qualifications he needs a friend who is at the top of that ladder.

Well I suggest he buddies up then. ;) I'm all for networking, but I want him to be able to have options. What is this level 2/3 portfolio?

This friend of yours,Is he A scaff ???? He should know what he needs?

Oh yeah! yur opening post mentioned a friend in scaffolding. Its quite a big industry.

Top Bottom