Long term hire (1 Viewer)

Luce2120

Reaction score
I have recently been asked to quote for a fairly large new build project which I have priced as I normally would. Generally for new builds we allow 12 weeks but this guy has now said that he wants the scaffold for approx 8 months.

Normally after their time is up we would charge 10% per week to cover hire but at that rate over 8 months the price is pretty high.

Just wandering what people think is a sensible hire rate for a long term project like this?

wtf 8 months for a house, just think how much money the gear could generate on other jobs during that time and what if you needed to buy more gear for other work while that sits around awaiting for them, charge them
set your price accordingly

10 per cent is fair we have a large job up at min and it has been up a year on a burn out with roof over it, it it's a grade 2 list building and they have come across a sorts of problem looks like it is going to be up another couple of years put in a good extra hire price which they excepted, it has paid for it self all ready but they have now worked out what is going to cost them for a couple of years and want to buy it but told them not for sale if you do not charge extra hire on them big jobs you will never stop buying gear

I have recently been asked to quote for a fairly large new build project which I have priced as I normally would. Generally for new builds we allow 12 weeks but this guy has now said that he wants the scaffold for approx 8 months.

Normally after their time is up we would charge 10% per week to cover hire but at that rate over 8 months the price is pretty high.

Just wandering what people think is a sensible hire rate for a long term project like this?

If he doesn't like it tell him he should've thought of that before he decided it would take eight months.
These c@nts always think of access/scaffolding as an afterthought on their projects and expect you to take the hit due to their lack of foresight. Charge him accordingly mate.

Ive got gear stuck on a simular job at the mo, its only a single new build so not a massive deal, its cash and that so didnt put in any overhire thinking it would take the normal length of time, been up 6 months so far! lesson learnt though.

take the initial hire then divide it by the amount of weeks originally asked for that will give you a weekly rate ?

It can be a gamble but buy a load of kit for it , what you can afford ,
Charge them for it and that's your price .
Then at least when the job cones down its yours ,
I have done this a few times if I think the job will go over by a lot and bought 250 new boards for the job ,
20 weeks hire and it's cheaper to buy.
Have a chat with Allscaff he will do you a good deal on used kit.

Top Bottom