Tg20.13 (1 Viewer)

meercat

Reaction score
Probably been done to death, but hey ho.
What do you guys think on the software? (Those that have purchased)
Compliance sheets? if that is the correct term.

Thanks Guys

Software - ***** but does job keeps customer happy

Books - nice illustrations

The software contains various Scaffold Structures, the compliance sheet cottons technical data ( Dimensions and Configuration ), its a lot cheaper than commissioning a Scaffold Design Engineer to generate the Calcs…however, more complex Structures will require the services of a Designer...

Just a general question. TG20-13 I believe is a technical guidance note prepared by the NASC and others and seems to be the "Standard" by which good and bad scaffolding is judged. Why is there not a BS British Standard or a EN European standard that our industry works to. Or is there?

Last edited:
We do work to British standards for example BS 1139, the TG Docs contain technical Data, configuration of Scaffold Structure and Engineering Calculations...

Just a general question. TG20-13 I believe is a technical guidance note prepared by the NASC and others and seems to be the "Standard" by which good and bad scaffolding is judged. Why is there not a BS British Standard or a EN European standard that our industry works to. Or is there?

Morning Ullswater,

BS5973 was the code for scaffolding along with others less familiar to most.
This was replaced by the likes of BS EN 12810 & BS EN 12811
the TG 20 documents are intended a "simplified" explanation of the codes.

Nasc issuing guidelines with a disclaimer attached. :amazed:That is tg:13 supplement 1. Educate me someone please:blink:

Has anyone got a copy they could email me jkford@btinternet.com

Lmfo....yeh of course someones gonna buy a copy @ nearly 1.5k & then send it out as freebies to guys that cant be arsssed to purchase it themselves.lol

contact nasc helpdesk & explain your situation & I'm sure they give u a copy as they share all there tg & sg notes to non paying members so they can stay informed of the industrys requirement to stay current with new legislation & recommendations;)

Is there a new version of TG20 being drafted any time soon or is this one ticking all the boxes.

of 2019 or 2020 ......

We shall see.

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Lmfo....yeh of course someones gonna buy a copy @ nearly 1.5k & then send it out as freebies to guys that cant be arsssed to purchase it themselves.lol

contact nasc helpdesk & explain your situation & I'm sure they give u a copy as they share all there tg & sg notes to non paying members so they can stay informed of the industrys requirement to stay current with new legislation & recommendations;)

Whatever happened to sharing the love SP?

I share plenty of luv mucker ...lol but it'd be nice to av some back lol.

in all honesty I had a phone call the other week from a "site agent" from up north, whom I'd never heard of b4 asking for details of calcs for a set of loading bay drwgs that had been passed onto him from a forum member over a year ago that I'd shared with that member - & he'd got my details from the legend & expected me to provide him with all the info he required free gratis as he wasnt using the same scaffold company but wanted to use my generic drwg-cheeky bar steward.

I share plenty of luv mucker ...lol but it'd be nice to av some back lol.

in all honesty I had a phone call the other week from a "site agent" from up north, whom I'd never heard of b4 asking for details of calcs for a set of loading bay drwgs that had been passed onto him from a forum member over a year ago that I'd shared with that member - & he'd got my details from the legend & expected me to provide him with all the info he required free gratis as he wasnt using the same scaffold company but wanted to use my generic drwg-cheeky bar steward.

bless ya!!

Hi John…there were e copies of the older TG Version Volumes 1 and 2 kicking around the Forum some time ago…however, NASC took affiance to this Piracy and threatened legal action…so we stopped distribution…best just getting a copy legal :sick:...

Top Bottom