Advanced portfolio questions help??

biglgm

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get help with the questions in the level 3 portfolio? (QUA855) the questions are quite in depth so don't want to guess the wording.

Thanks in advance.

Its not the multiple choice test I've already done that, it's the ten sections of questions

@ big…are you referring to the type of Scaffold Structures and the evidence ect ???...

No I've got evidence and jobs sorted there's loads of questions With subjects that wasn't covered in the course with questions about scaffold contracts and work relations

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

It's titled qua855 level 3, there's ten sections with reference numbers like qcf641

Like how you would communicate with different people involved in the contract?

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

No real right or wrong answers, just answer it using your own experiences and what goes on at work every day.

What is the purpose of a work programme in relation to a large scaffold contract and what sources of information would you need available to you to create this document

This is an example of one of the questions

Allocation of men and materials. You have to get the right men on the right job at the right time with the right materials to satisfy customer demand.

Just a guess mind.

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

You would need the principal contractors work programme and any scheme of works. You would maybe need drawings to allow you to prepare your own design scheme for the works to minimise any delays.

You would need to employ a zonal supervisor to police the smoking huts.

@ Big…Iv been looking over a blank Advanced Portfolio and can't locate the Q's you are referring too…what page are they on ???...

@ Big…Iv been looking over a blank Advanced Portfolio and can't locate the Q's you are referring too…what page are they on ???...

I think they are slight variances between the Nvq and the Svq.

@ lmk…you could be right…I would have thought it would have been generic :unsure:

Our Instructor told us that ( 5 th Jan 15 ) that there were big changes happening now, i.e all NCC will be doing the same subject matter at the same time ( Practically an impossibility ) + the Course will be extended by 2 1/2 Hrs, hence finishing time 4.30 pm, so bang goes the half chop on a Friday for the Instructors :cry:

There was some mention of these changes on another thread. The way I heard about it was that it was only a couple of hours that were being added meaning a 2 o'clock finish on a Friday, still not too bad.

what were your thoughts on the recently completed advanced course?

@ imk

I enjoyed the Course and the content as I expected, ref to SG & TG ect, the Practical Exercises were a hoot, with a 5 Man Squad erecting the Push Pull raking shore lol, seriously though, Im not quite sure what I took away from the Course apart from the piece of paper…

The Instructor was outstanding…

Iv still got to go and do my 2 Day Assessment circa 6 Months for the SVQ…

All in all there was no big surprises, in all honesty I only went for the Qualification…Experience V Qualifications…seems in these Modern times Q's rule…previously, I had been working off my Basic Scaffolding Card gained at CITB Centre Hillington Glasgow on 7.5.1979 - 18.5.1979…and thought it was time to up grade PMSL...

Could be scope for more intricate structures…different Sectors have different requirements...

Seems like a fair and honest assessment.

Truth is, most people just want the qualification.

@ lmk…I concur, its all about Quals nowadays…

If I were advising young blood embarking on a dedicated Scaffolding Career path, I would advise all the Scaff Quals + HNC ( Min ) in Engineering ( Mech or Structural ) with Autocad…Id say that would be a Royal flush ;)

hi iam having the same problem, not sure if my answers are correct. did you pass? did you find the answers anywhere?

hi iam having the same problem, not sure if my answers are correct. did you pass? did you find the answers anywhere?

Nelly, it's unlikely that these answers are in the public domain, the reason being there is no real right or wrong answer. You just have to answer it from a position of your existing experience which will be very different for everyone. It must hit the standard, but there's lots of differing ways to achieve this. Which question are you struggling with? Does the private training provider you used for your course not provide information and guidance to complete these questions?

Top Bottom