Training cost agreement (2 Viewers)

Muldo87

Reaction score
So I'm working for this poor excuse of a company and have been offered a start at a better company, they only just put me on my part 1 last September and bung me with a couple of labourers and told me to get on with (which is wrong I know) doing a part 2 job and getting paid pennies for it!!! I signed a training cost agreement...just wonder if they could actually deduct my wages if I leave

The way my company does it is if you hand in a notice, whether it's one week or two, they take your holidays or deduct so much from our week in arrears payment. If the other company is better I would take the hit with a bit payment cause in the long run you'll end up better off. Good luck with it

don't know if your holiday accrument starts from January but I would tell them your back is knackered don't work the weekend with them and start with the other firm on the Monday,get your money of them on the Thursday and tell them your jacking in because you not prepared to do a part 2 job for part 1 money and safety reasons simples

They Cant Enforce It, A Company In Dundee Tried That Crap Got Taken To Court And Lost Its Illegal, If You Are In Ucatt They Should Fight It For You.

Unfortunately, I would imagine that a young scaffolder working for a street firm will have no representation from any organisation. That said, the law is on your side as the agreement is not worth the paper it's written on.

Truly Sad Imk, When I Started Everyone Was Represented By The Union, In Fact No Firm Would Have Tried This Crap, Cause Thats All It Is Utter Crap.

Thanks for the replies guys ... Starting my new job tomorrow !!!! What's annoying me most is that I was off just before the Christmas hols and the d**ks paid me ssp "by accident" and I haven't got that yet so I would imagine they are gonna hold on to that ... Well at least try!!!

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

They Cant Enforce It, A Company In Dundee Tried That Crap Got Taken To Court And Lost Its Illegal, If You Are In Ucatt They Should Fight It For You.

I'm with unite gerscaff... I'll give them a phone and see what they say after I drop my harness off tonight

All The Best Muldo, Hope Everything Works Out For You.

Surely your gaffa just thought you were up to the job sending you to do part 2 work, but if your not confident and you told him that would be a different story alltogether .

Surely your gaffa just thought you were up to the job sending you to do part 2 work, but if your not confident and you told him that would be a different story alltogether .

I'm confident enough Danny ... i worked it out and they are saving theirselves £300/month alone just on me and he's doing this with a good few boys!!! they even had 2 labourers working as a squad and the jobs were a sh*t state!!!

Anyways that's me started this other job so upwards and onwards I hope

Take care guys and thanks for the posts :bigsmile::bigsmile:

If things are that bad just tell em a porkie such as ur need to take a weeks holiday due to familiy illness or bereavement then just dont go back.

But tbh this is 1 of the reasons that i never send any one away till after theyve given us the min of a year...as i got sick of funding guys who would then leave for an xtra £5 a day.

1 thing to be remember is to make sure u got ur tckt & certs - ive just taken on a guy from the forum who relocated to us from cornwall & his company have refused to release his tckt to us unless we pay them £100 as they sent him off for his tckt ( over a year ago)& think they should be reimbursed.....bit of a piiiss take tbh- so we payed £26.50 to circs for a replacement for him

Part one covers covers quite a bit. So have you started new job doing pt 1 only. As sp says, someone trains you up you would expect a bit of a return.

Top Bottom