impact drivers

ill have to recommend the hilti iw by far on lease batterys last all day light to carry one of the smallers drills repair every 4 months receives it back with In 2 working days and a courtesy drill whilst in repair happy days never without a drill constant also free battery checks if faulty they replace battery free of charge

ill have to recommend the hilti iw by far on lease batterys last all day light to carry one of the smallers drills repair every 4 months receives it back with In 2 working days and a courtesy drill whilst in repair happy days never without a drill constant also free battery checks if faulty they replace battery free of charge

thanks never thought of leasing one, what do hilti charge?

I went in to hilti this morning , there still not doing new lease contract on impact wrenches for scaffolders, they will honour existing contracts and allow people to renew. Nice drill the new 1, light, brushless and 22v. £365 with 2 batteries, charger and a 2 year guarantee.

Just bought myself the dewalt wrench 295 quid just wondering which socket to buy for it.any help would be appreciated

Any Impact socket fella, makita ones r good, I'm using a snap on one atm

Hi Lads,

Thinking of going down the impact driver route myself and am just wondering if any of those models mentioned above have a torque setting? If not,
Does it matter?
Is there a problem with over tightening of the fittings?
Is there a chance that the nut will come off when undoing the fitting?

The benefits of an impact spanner are fairly obvious but what are the drawbacks?

All advice will be much appreciated. Ta!

Some firms say no to anything with tourqe settings above what a fittings are rated to. Over tightening not by me, but yes some do. The nuts do run off the threads but all decent tools have a stop brake when you release the trigger so once you used to it there very few.
Another draw back is the weight on your belt, ive been using it for 2.5/3 year and I'm not used to it

When asked this question by a site agent or safety officer i normally pass them my spanner and ask them to show me where the torque setting is on it.-
The benifits far outwiegh the drawbacks with this tool...but if i had to say one - then for me it would be the noise- they border on the issue for earplugs in dcb ratings - ok if used outside but tbh in a confined space like a liftshaft or strcase area then you prob gonna wanna put plugs in all our guys are issued with them & keep them on their helmets for quick access when needed also keeps the sso at bay as they always ask to chech our rams to make sure theyre included

Top Bottom