How to charge for scaffolding design?

hiamhere

Reaction score
Hello there!

I am a designer. Earlier I use to work in an organization. But I am about to start my own consulting business.

I will be providing drawing and calculations for all type of scaffold.

Now for an example 100m length 15m height 2 Lob and 3 ladder access.

What would be the design charge or rate ( for drawing and calculations only)....per sq.m? Per ton? Or anything else?

Cheers mates. Please reply and thanks a lot for ur help

I think most charge by the hour now.

Do u have any idea about the numeric value

Thanks, so do u have any idea about the numeric figure or value?

How much do they charge per hour?

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

I think most charge by the hour now.
Thanks, so do u have any idea about the numeric figure or value?

How much do they charge per hour?

Like everything else, supply and demand.

Hahaha! Gotcha mate...thanks
Basically starting stage, so just trying to understand.

Let's see if anyone can comment further or can give some value.

Anyway thanks again. :)

The scaffold you describe wouldn't require a design as it sounds like an independent to TG20:13. You would never charge for design using anything other than hourly rate (or possible day rate) as it is all to do with the complexity of the design (how long it takes to survey, draw & calculate), not area, volume or tonnage.

The scaffold you describe wouldn't require a design as it sounds like an independent to TG20:13. You would never charge for design using anything other than hourly rate (or possible day rate) as it is all to do with the complexity of the design (how long it takes to survey, draw & calculate), not area, volume or tonnage.
Thanks for reply, but please note that the scaffold I have mentioned was just an example not a live job. So just wondering.

Anyway so what I understand is that the rate should be per hour or per day. Great

Cheers mate.

Companys will charge anywhere from about £45.00 per hour to £150.00.

Quite a gap, But supply and demand, along with blanket contracts have a part to play.

I'd start at £60.00 and work your way up.

What you will charge will depend on the scaffold company's that use you .
The smaller company's that need a drawing are only interested in your cost and only need the drawing to comply and will normally just throw their own thing up anyways ( that's not to say they won't do a good job but they need a design )
Other company's will want site visits , detailed drawings and will erect the job exactly to your design , and expect you at the end of a phone to answer any questions as the job goes up.
The smaller company's will only have a limited amount of kit to use on jobs where as the big company's will have unlimited kit of all the newest kit on the market ,
Making the designers job easier.

PM an email address and I will send you some stuff that will help you gauge your market

Top Bottom