The first week back after xmas is nearly over.... how has it been for You ?

Went to the wrong job Monday missed induction Tuesday apart from that hon
ckey dorey

Iv had a great week in Renfrew NCC, first week of the Adv Scaff, we've all had a hoot, thank crunchy its Friday tomorrow and roll on Monday till I get a fresh start ( the second week ) :eek:

My Shoulders Feel Like There On Fire, Im On A Job In Markinch And Its Punt, Punt, Punt, What A Nightmare.

There the worst jobs to go back to ger.....i feel for ya buddy.

As for you mr adams......enjoy your warm classroom cos its back to reality soon....lol lol

Other then the fact i had a lorry blow up on the 1st day- and a near miss with a 2 ton steel beam falling off a wall missing me by inches on the 2nd day its been g8 lol

Mr Scaffy, Sir…

Indeed I will enjoy my 2 nd week of total bliss at the NCC, however, its back to life, back to reality on the 19 th...

Tbh i was in a little bit of shock all day- trouble is if u kick off about it too much it can open up a bit of a pandoras box.new client & all with the potential for big earnings...the contracts manager rang me & applologised personnally & assured me that they were gonna change their working system but the last thing anyone really wants is hse involved - me included but i'll defo have my witts abour me nxt time we're there though lol

checked in to go offshore Yesterday and told no flights due to the attrocious weather conditions,TOLD come back on Monday
HAPPY DAYS ;)

Hi Gerry. Just a heads up on the ASI course. Errrrm, just another ticket mate. Didnt learn owt but looks good on the C.V.......m

Hi Gerry. Just a heads up on the ASI course. Errrrm, just another ticket mate. Didnt learn owt but looks good on the C.V.......m

Lol told ya;)

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

checked in to go offshore Yesterday and told no flights due to the attrocious weather conditions,TOLD come back on Monday
HAPPY DAYS ;)

Do u guys still get paid on ur downtime- hows it work if ure stuck on the rig & ur shifts ended or on shore when its already begun.

Lol told ya;)

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Do u guys still get paid on ur downtime- hows it work if ure stuck on the rig & ur shifts ended or on shore when its already begun.

Didnt you just, ha ha. Another wrinkle in my arse tho SP........Not that I need it where I am.
If you check in then your on full pay till you go out or told otherwise. If they notify you at home your on standby rate. Unless the lovely client pays you full whack. If your stuck on you get full rate everyday your stuck. Win win really. What the weather like doon your way?

Im due out tomorrow. Fingers crossed i get bumped for a few days ha ha.

Bit windy towards the end of the week but T shirt & shorts on saturday lol....we got a big roof up in high wychome, 1st time we've done one in ubix & was a bit worried about all the doom & gloom 100mph winds forecast but tbh it wasnt really that bad.

@ weaverbix…I know and you know that the ( SITS ) ASI, izni worth much, however, it is becoming a more common prerequisite for some Positions...

SP, i can pop down and check it out for you now, legally, ha ha ha. Hope it stays in tact for you fella.

Gerry, im afraid the ASI is becoming a more common qualification among the big wigs. I may write the Advanced Scaffold Assessors course. Get me a few bucks in the process. A course to supervise/audit the Inspectors. Ha ha ha.
Just on my way back offshore today. They can ram it if its as windy out there as it is on land. Ha ha

@ weaverbix…I attended a Scaffolding Inspection Course in Hillington many Moons ago, however, I have no idea what the Adv Insp curriculum entails, I know that the Basic Scaff Insp has been extended from 2 to 3 Days to include TG…however, I can't understand why the Adv Scaff Insp Course is open to non-Scaffolders ???

Supervisor / Inspection Course: remember to factor in Prayer times in the Lesson Plans...

Top Bottom