**hilti drill replaces the spanner**

well i did a hanger over the weekend with my hilti impact wrench and it was fine they dont over tighten the fittings because it has a torque setting its so really it is more safe then any man because you know the fitting will be tighten every time people like you are holding the game back we need forward thinking this game is hard enough so why not make it easier!

'People like you are holding the game back'

And what exactely am I? You don't know anything about me or what I do.

Holding the gam back! What holds the game back my friend is 1) HSE 2)the materials we are using, I ask you in this day and age and they haven't come up wirth a coposite material that would replace steel.
So you swear by your drill, and you phone Hilti for a replacement and it takes 2 days to replace? Do you then have them 2 days off or work like a dinosaur?

higgy i have a couple of questions mate ,when you plumb a standard sometimes you need to tap it over (with your spanner)is it awkward with this tool , are they ok to use in the rain ,iam all for anything that makes life easier or earns me more money .do you still carry a spanner as well for certain situations. :)

I totally agree mate, I think it's pointless and won't last 5 minutes.
Will be great when people start dropping them...
There's another thread about these peices of crap, which I posted on yesterday.

and you started crying about some of the posts think your doing the same here with your post. offending people now calling their new tools peices of crap when they are clearly not as all the reports from the lads that use them give all good time moves on modernday technology and to say you wont let your lads try them says it all

and you started crying about some of the posts think your doing the same here with your post. offending people now calling their new tools peices of crap when they are clearly not as all the reports from the lads that use them give all good time moves on modernday technology and to say you wont let your lads try them says it all

Oh grow up mate. This is a scaffolders forum, not a mothers meeting.

I'm perfectly entiltled to my opinion just as you are. As for crying about some of the posts on this thread, I think you wanna take a look at yourself mate before you start criticising other people on here.

I'm not gonna get into an argument about the merits of some power tool. If you wanna use one for work then good luck to you...

Just make sure it doesn't crush your tampax when you put it in your handbag at the end of the day.

Holding the gam back! What holds the game back my friend is 1) HSE 2)the materials we are using, I ask you in this day and age and they haven't come up wirth a coposite material that would replace steel.
So you swear by your drill, and you phone Hilti for a replacement and it takes 2 days to replace? Do you then have them 2 days off or work like a dinosaur?

Oh grow up mate. This is a scaffolders forum, not a mothers meeting.

I'm perfectly entiltled to my opinion just as you are. As for crying about some of the posts on this thread, I think you wanna take a look at yourself mate before you start criticising other people on here.

I'm not gonna get into an argument about the merits of some power tool. If you wanna use one for work then good luck to you...

Just make sure it doesn't crush your tampax when you put it in your handbag at the end of the day.

Just reading through the posts, and the 2 i have highlighted in red are great quotes and did make me laugh, good work bonnie lad :cheesy:

Just reading through the posts, and the 2 i have highlighted in red are great quotes and did make me laugh, good work bonnie lad :cheesy:

Nice to know you have a sense of humour mate.

Cheers.

Nice to know you have a sense of humour mate.

Cheers.

I do phil, but this quote

and the next time i see some1 with a impact gun/wrench and they say they gotta replace it, im gonna use that, LEGENDARY.

I do phil, but this quote

and the next time i see some1 with a impact gun/wrench and they say they gotta replace it, im gonna use that, LEGENDARY.

Genius!

Looking at the website the drill is quite loud (between 93-104 db) is it really that loud ? if so hearing protection would be needed and i cant see many scaffs on the street complying with that.

Looking at the website the drill is quite loud (between 93-104 db) is it really that loud ? if so hearing protection would be needed and i cant see many scaffs on the street complying with that.

Ear protection is mandatory at 85dB.

I know it is mandatory at 85db I just wanted to know if that info has been past on to the users. As most people could not gauge how loud 85db is , they would be using it none the wiser and damaging their hearing in the process.

I know it is mandatory at 85db I just wanted to know if that info has been past on to the users. As most people could not gauge how loud 85db is , they would be using it none the wiser and damaging their hearing in the process.

Sorry mate wasn't trying to be a know-all. Was just thinking exactely the same as you - hearing damage.
That's one of the reasons I wouldn't let any of my lads use one on site.

The way things are going space suits will be part of your ppe/Plus you,ll need a wagon to drop your electric alloy steps off with your multi-drills,electric lifting gear,laser leveling device,and thats before your materials arrive :D

so how do you do the back of the double up with the drill on an independent with 1 inside board ie brickwork continuation

so how do you do the back of the double up with the drill on an independent with 1 inside board ie brickwork continuation

I have my drill 5 yrs never do the back of the double with the impact gun allways use the swingover .

The way things are going space suits will be part of your ppe/Plus you,ll need a wagon to drop your electric alloy steps off with your multi-drills,electric lifting gear,laser leveling device,and thats before your materials arrive :D

joking aside watch this space, i can nearly guarantee that in about 5 years or more, there will be a dobule toe board as standard and like we do handrail at 950mm now and a bubble down, (easier for us), will also be a bubble up so thats a triple handrail, and there will be a hard hat, which will be something like a crash helmet, as has a visor on it, and cant fall off, what do you all think?

Top Bottom