Few Old ladder beams needed (1 Viewer)

crazynutta

Reaction score
Anyone got a few ladder beams hiding at the back of there yard!
Need
4 x 19'-20'
2 x 16'

Don't need to be in great condition, any old crap really! Just need to throw a few into the racks as the middles sinking!

I'm based in stansted, Essex so localish to there would be handy! :D

Or anyone know any suppliers that are opening over the holidays?

Got a load of 10&12ft if any good to you ?

Yes mate went back in saturday - what bout you guys ?

Thanks Allscaff, but really need a few longer ones as soft ground has finally give way under the middle of the racks where with filled it up over Christmas!

Don't really want to join shorter ones as don't think they hold the weight!
Trying to source them over Christmas as know we won't have time to sort it when we start working again on the 5th!

But have you got some spare ladder beams!?!? lol!:nuts::laugh:

Haha, I know, no one uses them anymore, especially 20's.

I'm sure if any of the suppliers were open they'd be trying to throw them at me! As can't imaging they sell many anymore!

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Ah, think ive been saved!

We use tons of 13-16ft ladder beams , also got quiet a few unit beams , i have 100 x 16ft ladder beams to collect on 5th if u still need any let me know

A lot of the temp roof designs we get show ladder beams as ledgers on flyer lift

just a crazy thought, probly get shot to pieces, can ya splice them. 2x12 for length,1 thru the middle,a few b&ps:wondering:

Not pretty tho fred and used b&p to splice across rungs and paralell

That must be hard work Allscaff , dragging ladder beam up to use as flyers , why can't you use 450 alloy beams instead .

Dont know mate but done 3 roofs in last 2 months 2 different designers both have shown ladder beams in the flyer

I ain't gonna mention no names but a designer showed Band and Plate for purlins on a design I had this year lol .

cad , when I asked the engineer why BP he said clips ain't load bearing , so I said just leave the wording out where it specifies BP .
To be honest everything else they have done for us has been 100% , over calculated in my opinion by well designed none the less

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Anyway Allscaff you not out raising hell round Sussex tonight ?

Top Bottom