Band+plate v Mills 90 (1 Viewer)

Best fitting of all?

• Total voters
B+P still use loads today for ties etc , millsys also good but not easy to get hold of

I thought little giant was a burtons product not big ben

You can keep the stickies

I Still Use Band And Plate For Saddles Etc, But Always Prefer To Use Mills Doubles, Even The Mills Swivel Is A Good Fitting.

If given the choice today,, I would take the Joe ninety speed thread .
Still use The Jim Bett, (Set/BP), daily as wee keep a good stock on-board

Mills for me, and I dont mind a sticky as long as its not bent and you chalk everything off.

Do you have to be a certain age to have used a chair with a band and plate

B+P still use loads today for ties etc , millsys also good but not easy to get hold of

I thought little giant was a burtons product not big ben

You can keep the stickies
We called the Big Ben/UBM double the 'Little giant' but the Burton II double was also referred to as the same by many scaffs.
Both a good fitting.

Ok well little giant is a burton product bi ben / ubm was " bombs " i believe

Burton also did a pressed steel fitting with " speed thread"

Been at it 25 years never used or seen a chair on a B&P maybe the older members like phillios frederik or HSWT etc have used these

Gazeway - Higgs and hill - bam - hbg , anglewest i think did all the labour supply for this outfit

When I 1st started, started with mills fittings, used them for about 5 year then started on drop forged, got a soft spot for mills fittings lol

Strangely enough i only bought a load of b&p just b4 xmas but theyre for ties....used to use mills all the time back in the l8 80s & always had found memerorys of them with the speedthread but tbh i dont think i care wot i use as ling as they dont cost tok much lol

Its interesting to have a poll like this especially for the attention of the old school. The B+P is in its element mostly when it comes to roof saddles when the case comes for the Mills 90 on hangers ect. My case for the 'Little Giants' was the task of clamping the tube to the girders before the SK /Gravlock clamp was invented. You old boys know what I am on about.;)

Ok well little giant is a burton product bi ben / ubm was " bombs " i believe

Burton also did a pressed steel fitting with " speed thread"

Been at it 25 years never used or seen a chair on a B&P maybe the older members like phillios frederik or HSWT etc have used these

Gazeway - Higgs and hill - bam - hbg , anglewest i think did all the labour supply for this outfit

Cheeky fecker you are older than the 3 of us put together

Ha ha i only put that to get a bite .... It worked

Yeh was shown the little giant trick years ago

loved the mills, tho I think the eu deemed them not worthy for some reason,tried to phase them out.

Personaly, B&P + Hooks would be my choice with Millziz coming a very close second...

Top Bottom