TCN Scaffolders improve standards. (1 Viewer)

There have been leaked reports from NASC HQ that now that the TCN'S are comparable with UK CISRS Scaffolders that talks have been held between the NASC, NAECI, several scaffolding PLC's and the UKPA to bring the TCN'S into the UK on STTV's (Short term temporary visas) to be employed at various power stations to ensure maintenance costs are cut.

Always Thought This Would Happen Havespanner, They Will Bring Them In As Cheap Labour And Erode The Working Conditions Of The Established Workforce.

Whats this TCN youve mentioned Fred. Also how is to possible to bring in outsiders at a cheaper cost? Nasc and cisrs running courses for top dollar here and now undermining them by agreeing to let others in.:amazed:

TCN is basically Asian workers as utilised in the ME. I heard it will only affect the power stations, refineries etc not the street and construction work. But as you know once these things start it soon escalates. Apparently one of the major industrial services contractors is already employing Asian scaffolders offshore.

Its all a bit rich after the nasc practically ran the eictb out of town.????

And a merry christmas & prosperous new year to simian as theyre the fcuks that are making the money out of training all the ragheads in the 1st place -always was there long game to flood the market over here wiv cheep labour & not a damn thing the everyday scaff can do about it as theyre so far up the nasc & citbs rectrum im surprised any of them will ever see daylight again

And a merry christmas & prosperous new year to simian as theyre the fcuks that are making the money out of training all the ragheads in the 1st place -always was there long game to flood the market over here wiv cheep labour & not a damn thing the everyday scaff can do about it as theyre so far up the nasc & citbs rectrum im surprised any of them will ever see daylight again

I don't think that was the plan of the training establishments SP they are just a pawn used by the bigger players.
In some other western countries contracts often state that craft or blue collars must be residents of that particular country whereas management or white collars can be foreigners on short term visas. Of course there are some projects where anything goes.

Double headed Cuntz and always have been. Stevie never fails to disappoint.

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

Maybe they should adopt the black standard.

Double headed Cuntz and always have been. Stevie never fails to disappoint.

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

Maybe they should adopt the black standard.

I know there is a bit of history SWIFTY but you cant blame the trainer. He is only saying what he has been told to say. You know what they say "If you can do then do. If you cant do then teach."
Whatever the outcome I say well done to the owners who saw an opportunity, seized the opportunity and made money out of it. It has to beat gutting fish in a north western fishmarket any day.

The rumours now flying out of nasc ghq is that the international scaffolder was pulled after a derogatory interview with Chesney over at sm. Dave wasn't best pleased apparently.

Cape have been training Scaffs for years in the Phillipines.These guys are good in all honesty.
in 2006 there was a couple of big projects offshore and a lack of scaffs (according to the propaganda) due to a boom on shore.Cape east sent over a few from the phillipines bur the scaffs that were on the rig asked to see their CISRS and all that was sent out was a citb cert so they never got out.they were then getting sent to another project along with platers welders etc from amec.the men offshore got wind and sat in.they were sent back to the phillipines.
its no suprise that we are hearing of skill shortages again just when the wages are starting to go back up to pre recession.the big players will always want to use the skills shortage to bring in lower payed men to keep their profits to the max WHY THERE WASNT A MASSIVE TRAINING PROGRAMME FOR THE UNEMPLOYED WHEN WE WERE IN RECESSION I WILL NEVER KNOW:mad:

Because Happy It Would Have Cost Too Much Money To Train Unemployed British Scaffolders Mate, To These Companies We Are The Bottom Line Its About Profit (Never Even Mention The Word Loss)

Top Bottom