do you think its about time the NASC got behind NAECI (1 Viewer)

marra watson

Reaction score
bluebook yes scaffs do get it but do you think its about time the nasc got behind the idea of naeci rates after all they are our rule makers

They do get involved in minimum wage rates for scaffolders. They also ensure minimum holiday entitlement amongst many other things that scaffolders enjoy without any understanding of where they come from.

They do get involved in minimum wage rates for scaffolders. They also ensure minimum holiday entitlement amongst many other things that scaffolders enjoy without any understanding of where they come from.

were av never know a minimum rate for scaffolders over the country i see it on these sites as were under the trades etc and that was b4 the nasc

They are not the rule makers marra but they like to think they are. As far as I know there are no national ruling body for scaffolders, only self appointed alphabet associations. :D

tg 20 sg 4 thats ur rule book marra cisrs run by you guest it nasc about time they got behind the scaffs

I stand corrected. But I still havent any clue to what exactly IS the minimum 'national' rate for a scaffolder, as this is the first time I have heard of one.
Looking at it over the years the rates vary to which part of the island you are located and from what I see hasnt changed, nor looking at it, likely to either.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

sg 4 thats ur rule book marra cisrs run by you guest it nasc about time they got behind the scaffs
All scaffolding firms apply to that now marra, even the many, many firms that are not affiliated to NASC. All I am saying is that NASC arent the national ruling body for scaffolders, though there SHOULD be one in my eyes that is recognised by the HSE nationally. With this in place you could probably call more shots than NASC alone is capable of, which a union has as much power.;)

naeci is an agreement between the unions and the main players in construction engineering.it covers wages and diggs as well as conditions.
the agreement has some small variations but on the whole its the same throughout the UK.new sites have to be agreed to be NAECI by the unions and main contractors before hand and not all sites become blue book sites.
the main contractors would rather not have the agreement and have for many years tried in vain to get rid of it,but due to the hardwork of the unions and the members its still here.
what the nasc would have to do with it i dont know,as has already stated they are only a tradebody and donot speak for the majority of scaffolding firms.
what benefit would they have in the negotiations? as most of the companies that ive worked for on these sites are indeed members of the NASC.
scaffolders should maybe organise and have a national minimum rate but with target,price and job and knocks on the street would it work;)

I stand corrected. But I still havent any clue to what exactly IS the minimum 'national' rate for a scaffolder, as this is the first time I have heard of one.
Looking at it over the years the rates vary to which part of the island you are located and from what I see hasnt changed, nor looking at it, likely to either.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

All scaffolding firms apply to that now marra, even the many, many firms that are not affiliated to NASC. All I am saying is that NASC arent the national ruling body for scaffolders, though there SHOULD be one in my eyes that is recognised by the HSE nationally. With this in place you could probably call more shots than NASC alone is capable of, which a union has as much power.;)

I didn't mean that there was a national minimum rate, that would never work due to too many reasons to list. What I did mean was that member companies do sign up to certain employment conditions that non member companies feel that they have to match.

C. Voice of your industry apparently.

Top Bottom