Breaks

thanks mate i know i should . but i need the money mate or i would , i know its not right what these lads are doing but i just make sure i do everything by the book . i know its sh*t money but i have been looking for three months now and i have a lass and a 10month old kid to look after, i'm gonna have to stay until i find something better.

Like them pictures what i have put on i made sure i was doing the labouring so it has nothing to do with me if anything goes wrong . as far as i know that polish lad has got his cards.

Last edited:
sounds awful kev beter out of that one m8.

thanks mate i know i should . but i need the money mate or i would , i know its not right what these lads are doing but i just make sure i do everything by the book . i know its sh*t money but i have been looking for three months now and i have a lass and a 10month old kid to look after, i'm gonna have to stay until i find something better.

Like them pictures what i have put on i made sure i was doing the labouring so it has nothing to do with me if anything goes wrong . as far as i know that polish lad has got his cards.

Unfortunatley there,s little firms like that in every town in the country kev/Alot of councils are trying to clamp down on them by employing h/s operatives to weed them out and put prohbition orders on them/my advice would be to team up with a couple of guys who knowhow to do the job the way they were taught just like yourself/ that way you won,t get any hassle good luck to you bro ;)

who would i see about getting them investigated . like i said there jobs arnt even getting tagged , so they are getting away with murder. is it the law that scaffold has to be tagged ?

Hi Kev

I can see your point of view of having to make a living whatever the firm or employees, are like,

But your statement "Like them pictures what i have put on i made sure i was doing the labouring so it has nothing to do with me if anything goes wrong"

Sadly if anything did go wrong,you would be held to account and as it appears you are the only one with any qualifications you may find it being said that you were in charge of the job,makes no differance if you are fixing or on the deck.Drinking on the job is totally unexceptable

My advice is get out and get out fast,easy for me to say I know,but very hard for you to leave employment with no other job to go to,

Scaffold "tagging" is NOT a legal requirement,But the inspection and signing of the weekly scaffold register IS

Last edited:
think i will have a word with the manager , but most of them lads have been there best part of 10 years and i have been there a week, the management would just shun me off as they must be making money off the lads otherwise they wouldnt be there. god know what i'am going to do cos i can't afford to be back on the dole

who would i see about getting them investigated . like i said there jobs arnt even getting tagged , so they are getting away with murder. is it the law that scaffold has to be tagged ?

There's no requirement for a scaffold to have a tag. There is however a legal requirement under the working at height regs to carry out a 7 day inspection and record it in a 'schedule 7' scaffold inspection report.

Obviously the scaffold must be inspected before handover, after any significant alterations, or structural changes - and after any extreme weather conditions.

These must also be recorded in the schedule 7.

however it wouldnt be to hard to find faults as per our beloved guidance TG20 mate

Top Bottom