SG19 Training (1 Viewer)

2503col

Reaction score
Hi

Can you help me? I have a BTEC level 4 in teaching, and would like to deliver SG19 rescue training in my work place. Can some one recommend a training provider? For train the trainer.

Thanks

I'm not sure if you would really find this useful or not if you're already qualified to level 4.

But I need to be competent to teach it. If we get a third party in, it becomes very expensive, we have over 80 blokes.

You still shouldn't require additional qualifications. It all depends upon exactly what type of training you intend on delivering and if it's all just in house I can't see the need to bother to be perfectly frank.

Having a teaching qualification is fine but You obviously need to be trained in additional skills that you may wish to teach - fall rescue is a complete seperate skillset & not something that could be fully covered in a toolbox talk...i'm sure i read somewhere that gotcha supplies a course for their system.but lke most qualifications theres no generic to cover them all but rather product specific courses for instance ive just completed a WAH PPE & HARNESS inspectors course but it was through miller/sperian & is only valid for their products.

Simian Skill runs a good course but feel cheeky getting them in and copy there course then deliver the course in house. Plus where do I stand on the legal side, I will be competent because I received training but I'm pretty sure it should have its own qualification.

You can do anything you like if it's in house. You already have a superior qualification with your level 4. Additional qualifications are only required if you are looking to deliver to a set standard set by an awarding body like city and guild for example. If you want to train on a specific product, you may require additional training from the manufacturer.

Top Bottom